Model Expo 2024, review and pictures

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Model Expo 2024, review and pictures

Postby BradG » Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:32 am

Well it's that time again, when it's the longest time before another Model Expo. Although I did not enter this year, as an attendee, the show seemed to go pretty well. I believe there were in the region of 760 entries, even a good amount of junior modellers. I think the make and take went well for the kids, I certainly saw many wandering around with a model kit they got for free. Attendance looked healthy just from what I saw, although I have no number on how many people turned up. I was a little skeptical about having no canteen this year, but hearing about the costs involved then having a hamburger and a coffee from the retro caravan lady put any doubts to bed, the price was even much better than the canteen inside so that was a good choice.

From a traders point of view (Dad and I were representing the Moorabbin Air Museum), we had an excellent show. My target profit was met and surpassed with over 160 customers throughout the weekend. The only issue and it was a small one, was the gates only being opened at 5pm. I was told 4pm, it didn't matter in the end though, however the line of cars trying to get out early might see some angrygrams in the model expo inbox this morning lol. I'm sure the Museum will want to trade again next year provided we have stock.

Also, our sponsored trophy was Best Australian Civil Aircraft, which we awarded to Peter Gaut for his QANTAS DHC Beaver. A very nice model and something a little different which is what dad usually looks for.

Now just a selection of models from the show I liked.

BradG

Re: Model Expo 2024, review and pictures

Postby tor lives » Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:00 pm

Thanks for that Brad.
Some really good modelling there.
I love the F-4 and A-4, and the little Qantas Otter is cool as well.
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Tue Jun 11, 2024 4:32 pm

Thanks for sharing Brad, I have not seen many images from the Airliner or civil categories, were there many entries in those?
Ray

RayS

Postby BradG » Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:34 pm

There was half a dozen or so in each Ray. I also forgot to mention the old swap and smell lived up to it's name. I seriously think someone shat their pants in there, it stunk so bad I felt sick after a couple of rounds and had to leave it.

BradG

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:49 pm

Ray I'll post the civvie and airline categories once I find the pics on my phone :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:22 pm

Ok guys. Airliners first.

1st

2nd

3rd

Rest of the entries

Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:30 pm

And now the Civvie category

1st

2nd

3rd

The rest of the entries

Both categories were a little light on compared to previous years but still a good turnout with some amazing work on display. I seriously think the Stampe is way better than my Jetranger and it, together with 1st and second were my picks for the siverware. Looking forward to seeing what we come up with next year :)
hrtpaul

Postby RayS » Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:10 am

Thanks for sharing the pictures guys, and congrats on the Third Paul. At least the Airliner entries double this year, there were only 3 last year!
Ray

RayS

Return to Model Talk