Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:37 pm

After the w/e "Sunday Modellers" meeting, I had to buy the new 1/48 Eduard Fw-190A4. I am a bit of a 190 enthusiast and seeing Jamie's recent build of this kit, it was a "Just take my money" event! This kit is mind-blowing. Jamie said it just fell together and he built it in about a week and a half after work - 30 something hours. I've not gone for the super-detailed engine option - perhaps when the "Royal Class" release comes out. Seriously, this thing is a jewel. The surface detail is extra-ordinary. I know this is a military model and perhaps of little interest to most readers, but it is absolutely state of the art in terms of just where the technology is right now.

These images don't remotely do this kit justice, but here goes.

Link to a amazing build at Hyperscale http://www.hyperscale.com/2017/galleries/fw190a4neweduard48at_1.htm

And look at the "bling"!!! Just take my money will ya Eduard!!!!

Adam the Akrodude

Postby F-27pax » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:50 pm

Here's the arrivals in the latest happy package from Hannants.

If I'm feeling brave I'll do the early HS-125 in DCA colours.

F-27pax

Postby Graeme H » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:52 pm

Back from Telford, and I didn't get much of anything just a few here and there
This is the total haul
ImageDSCN0900 by qfa_tsv, on Flickr

A Shackelton AEW for £25, because back in the '80's I saw this fly, some Academy F-16's because they were only £5 ea, and 5 Mirage brass pitots, for a mere £8 the lot and a gyro cutter, which if works as well at home as it did for me at Telford I will be very happy, I have bought small cutters before that the blade is supposed to turn and go where you take it, but in reality they don't, this one did for me everytime I tested it

and this is just the Airline stuff

ImageDSCN0901 by qfa_tsv, on Flickr
The 2 Fokkers are I hope to be Air Niugini and Flight West, I know PX had some -1000's, but don't think Flight West ever did, just -4000's
The resin stuff in the bags are a WBF correction for the Zvezda 787 which is quite wrong, and some RR engines for the EE L1011-500 which I have yet to get, nothing like being prepared.
The window decals are from Authentic Airliners, done by Kurt's brother Gunther, really top stuff
and of course the Roden VC10 reboxed by Ray at 26 Decals
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby F-27pax » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:40 am

What are the F-28s like. I thought their DC-7C was a lot of hard work and I wondered if their quality has improved since then.
Leigh
F-27pax

Postby Graeme H » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:04 am

Leigh I will take some photos today, but somewhere I have a photo of the F-Rsin/Mach 2 stand with Didier and Laurent, so not that hard to understand who makes those kits
They are what they are, I have one of each of the same from Authentic Airlines, so will be using those as something to match to, but they do look quite reasonable, and compared to a DC7, there are no Piston Engine cowls and props to deal with, I mostly only get the F-Rsin Jets.
The plastic has a very slightly rough feel nothing 30 seconds with a bit of 400 wet and dry won't fix, the amount of flash is a little more worrying, but not offensive, the injector pins will definitely need some work in places, and the trailing edges of the wings as well, but much easier being a small jet.

Now to get the camera and phone on charge so I can do some of this :oops:
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:43 pm

Christmas comes early - yee hah!

I gotta "Fat Face" from Paul Fisher!

It is so so awesome! This one jumps up the build queue. Paul Fisher is a genius. Mine will be the bird flown by Paul's namesake - MOH winner Maj. Bernie Fisher - incredible story for anyone interested. https://www.thisdayinaviation.com/10-march-1966/

Adam the Akrodude

Postby oz rb fan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:19 pm

you could have let me know............i might have been able to sneak a Ryan or Bugatti in with it............ :twisted: :lol: .......looks great
oz rb fan

Postby Ansett A330 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:20 am

Graeme H wrote:Now to get the camera and phone on charge so I can do some of this :oops:

Christmas is coming ...
Ansett A330

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:51 am

i'm glad you got those two...i'm getting the bud light one
oz rb fan

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk