Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby tor lives » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:47 pm

BradG wrote:I generally know what I'm looking for before a swap and sell, I allow myself one impulse purchase per event and it must be under $20.

That's actually a good approach, maybe I should be this disciplined from now on.
TOR
tor lives

Postby BradG » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:47 pm

tor lives wrote: "Swap and Sell" just seemed like a real chore this year.
TOR

Might seem like less of a chore if you're not standing out in the cold for an hour (or more) LOL. Seriously I got there at 9 and I saw you two were standing in the line, what time did you get there?
BradG

Postby tor lives » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:51 pm

BradG wrote:
tor lives wrote: "Swap and Sell" just seemed like a real chore this year.
TOR

Might seem like less of a chore if you're not standing out in the cold for an hour (or more) LOL. Seriously I got there at 9 and I saw you two were standing in the line, what time did you get there?

About 0830ish.....the standing in line is not the chore, (it's actually very social), it's the stampede and crush upstairs that I am tiring of.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:57 pm

BradG wrote:I generally know what I'm looking for before a swap and sell, I allow myself one impulse purchase per event and it must be under $20.

Well if you'd sold me the Comet, you'd have had a bit more $$ for your impulse purchase..
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby Ansett A330 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:59 pm

tor lives wrote:About 0830ish.....

And it didn't open until 1000? Wow that's an hour and a half of your Life that you ain't going to get back!

By comparison I think Graeme and I timed our run to PX2017 quite well. Parked at 0950 and got on the end of the line just as someone gave a Speech and the Doors opened and the line started moving. I'm sure we didn't miss that once in a life time bargain by timing it like that.

Still sad to hear there weren't things like $25 Airfix Valiants this year.
Ansett A330

Postby BradG » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:00 pm

Yeh the crush was pretty bad, I mean I entered after most of the line had gone in and it was crowded and dark. I dunno what the options are though. I don't know if they'd be allowed to hold it outside under the covered area, that might give more room, more light and get rid of the stank, but then you wouldn't be able to set it up before the morning of and there might be concerns about using the carpark. Using the grassed area runs the risk of rain.

I only did 3 laps before I'd had enough this year.
BradG

Postby BradG » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:03 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:

Well if you'd sold me the Comet, you'd have had a bit more $$ for your impulse purchase..

Yeh but you were only offering a buck fifty. Make us an offer on the 1:1 Lockheed Altair replica though if you want.
BradG

Postby BradG » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:
tor lives wrote:About 0830ish.....

And it didn't open until 1000? Wow that's an hour and a half of your Life that you ain't going to get back!

I keep suggesting on the forums that people need to bring a name tag with them, place it on the ground in a line, then go and sit in the warmth while drinking a coffee then returning to the line at 9:55. Then you've both lined up and not frozen your butt off.
BradG

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:36 pm

BradG wrote:
Cap'n Wannabe wrote:

Yeh but you were only offering a buck fifty. Make us an offer on the 1:1 Lockheed Altair replica though if you want.

$1.50
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby BradG » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:53 pm

I reckon they would nearly take that.
BradG

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk