Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby tor lives » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:09 am

I agree with Brad in that the "Swap and Sell" prices seemed to be generally higher this year, with sellers notably less willing to negotiate.
As I said to Knotty, "Swap and Sell" just seemed like a real chore this year.
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:14 am

yup i though the prices were a little high this year overall(and a lack of P40-e's) it really was tough going up there not 100% sure but either way to many people early on or the area was smaller,may have been better to buy down stairs :shock:
i may save my money for sprue finders sales instead from now on....generall better prices and not the crowds.
oz rb fan

Postby F-27pax » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:46 am

A chore eh, TOR. No more stupid JT3Cs for you next year. But I agree with you. As a seller the S&S was okay but not fun as a buyer.

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby tor lives » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:54 am

F-27pax wrote:A chore eh, TOR. No more stupid JT3Cs for you next year. But I agree with you. As a seller the S&S was okay but not fun as a buyer.

Leigh

You were a bubble of calm and serine sanity in a sea of utter craziness and chaos young Leigh :D . Those JT3Cs are actually quiet usable.
Don't know if I will do Swap and Sell next year.....think I am getting too old for that nonsense :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby Ansett A330 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:06 pm

To paraphrase Ayrton Senna :

"And if You no longer go for a Model that exists - You are no longer a Modeller!"
Ansett A330

Postby RayS » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:01 pm

Acquired one of these last night

Would it go in the A/CAM display theme for next year?

..oh and this decal
Ray

RayS

Postby DesTROYer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:15 pm

I may have recieved a bonus at work yesterday and then with that bonus may have gone on a spending spree. If that were true, these four may be some of those kits bought.
DesTROYer

Postby BradG » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:17 pm

Prices are creeping up because of the popularity of the second hand market and the increasing costs of new models. The problem is, a lot of modellers have stashes in the hundreds, I'm clearing over 400 these days and an aging modeller population will mean more and more second hand models coming into the market, being sold to fewer and fewer modellers who have massive stashes. The price will have to come down in the next few years or people won't be buying. I already find myself putting kits back because I know if I spend that 80 bucks, it will be sitting doing nothing for a very long time now. I think many others are coming to the same realization.
BradG

Postby DesTROYer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:27 pm

tor lives wrote:I agree with Brad in that the "Swap and Sell" prices seemed to be generally higher this year, with sellers notably less willing to negotiate.
As I said to Knotty, "Swap and Sell" just seemed like a real chore this year.
TOR

Believe it or not, I have been to 5 model expos now and only one swap and sell. "What has kept me away?" you may ask... No its not the smell of the unwashed, nor is it the prices of the kits, the second found was ok, but it was the crush and pressure to find something and buy it. I walked out with four kits, none of which I would go onto build as they were not what I thought they might be and not what I needed. As I am not as experienced as many of you, I like to research what I am going to buy before I go looking. ADF-Serials is alway loaded whenever I go into a model store, just to make sure the variant they have is what I need.
DesTROYer

Postby BradG » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:45 pm

I generally know what I'm looking for before a swap and sell, I allow myself one impulse purchase per event and it must be under $20.
BradG

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk