Show us what you last bought....the thread...

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: Show us what you last bought....the thread...

Postby AndrewDoppel » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:11 pm

Due to consistent issues with Photobucket I can't show you what I bought, but I have bought a new toy which will bug the absolute crap out of Ray because it isn't a Holden.....it's a rust free, bog free Subaru Brumby ute. Hopefully, in two years time it will have a WRX engine dropped into the front end and at less than 800kgs will blow Rays top notch Holden away!
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:33 pm

AndrewDoppel wrote:Due to consistent issues with Photobucket I can't show you what I bought, but I have bought a new toy which will bug the absolute crap out of Ray because it isn't a Holden.....it's a rust free, bog free Subaru Brumby ute. Hopefully, in two years time it will have a WRX engine dropped into the front end and at less than 800kgs will blow Rays top notch Holden away!

Better watch out for the coppers mate. They'll defect the shit outta that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:37 am

NOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....there use to be a rex powered on in ferntree gully.......and he cant say too much...he drives a cruze at the moment...my barina would beat that
oz rb fan

Postby Wedgetail » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:50 pm

You lucky bugger A2, I've been looking for one of those great little utes for years. There was one at Haddon for sale, but it was gone in a flash.
So I've bought two Foresters all up for my other half, great wagon to drive and I ended up with a Colorado ute. If I want to fly I'd rather prefer two wheels.

A2 maybe you should look into fitting a turbo rotary into the Brumby as well, a mate had a little Datsun ute so fitted out, couldn't keep it on the ground until it got tea leafed by low life's, never found it.

Cheers for the festive season.
Wayne
Wedgetail

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Rotary? *shudder*
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby scotty100368 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:09 pm

A little Christmas miracle - received this yesterday...

I got a little excited and cut off some big pieces already! Note that the white square in the pic above is the window masks sheet!
The clear parts aren't in the pic as they don't photograph well. (The pax windows are all individual little pieces)

Note that (on my example at least) the floor and ceiling pieces are a little too wide, so the fuselage halves don't close up neatly - gonna have to remove the locating pins and massage them with a motor tool to fix.

Whilst this kit release contains rudimentary IPEC markings, I will be producing better ones for Hawkeye. Cheers!

Scott.
Scott Garard
former QF ramper (Thanks alot AJ!)
now Aust Post van driver
scotty100368

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:02 pm

Given the sad nature of today, I felt the need to remember the USAF F-4 retirement. So I bought some stuff.

A couple of patches

And some Twobobs QF-4E decals as I wanna do 638's pfinal phlight :)
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Apparently I just can't help myself......what can I say, I am a sucker for a nice Air Racer :D
(and my Bank Manager would personally like to thank Adam for this 1:32 Air Racer "thing" I have going on)
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:54 pm

BASTARD....that and the hall bulldog are the golden age racers i want the most.........meant to be decent kit
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:20 pm

oz rb fan wrote:BASTARD....that and the hall bulldog are the golden age racers i want the most.........meant to be decent kit

There is just something very alluring and desirable about the Williams Brothers series of 1:32 "Golden Age" Air Racers. I would love to go back in time and see some of these amazing machines in action (especially the Gee Bees).
TOR
tor lives

PreviousNext

Return to Model Talk