Modellers of Ballarat Display Day

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Modellers of Ballarat Display Day

Postby F-27pax » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:35 pm

Tomorrow is the Modellers of Ballarat annual display day. We spent a couple of hours today doing some of the setup for the day and among other activities I unpacked and lined up all my Australian 727 models. They look pretty good all lined up together. I'll post photos of the display later on in the week so you can see what we've been up to.

Leigh
F-27pax

Re: Modellers of Ballarat Display Day

Postby tor lives » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:37 pm

Very cool Leigh.
Knotty and myself will be there and I will (finally) bring those 727-100s up for you.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Graeme H » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:39 pm

Always good to see a nice line up of 727's
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi Leigh

Hope you all have a successful and fun filled day! I am just staggered by the shear volume of work you've produced - very inspiring and must be really something to behold.

All the best

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Well.....yet another successful display put on by the Ballarat folks.
As always, a most enjoyable event, and it was great to catch up with the likes of young Wayne, Leigh, (great 727 line-up Leigh!!!), Frank Morgan, Fred, etc.
Some beautiful models on display, and some great bargains to be had.
As per usual, thanks for your hospitality folks, it was great seeing you all looking so healthy and happy.
For those that have not yet visited this event I would highly recommend it. Great venue with lots of interesting and high quality models and friendly folk make for a most enjoyable modellers day out.
TOR
tor lives

Postby DesTROYer » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Great work to everyone involved. It's a pity I didn't think to come up for a look, not that I didn't have a tonne of stuff to do here anyway.
DesTROYer

Postby F-27pax » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:51 am

Well, a good day was had by all - so far as I could tell. I don't think I've talked so much since this time last year. Ray bought me a couple of Airfix Boeing 727-100s and talked me into making one of them in RNZAF colours (decals ordered). The other one didn't last long because a club member coveted it so I sold it on to him at cost price - one has to encourage others to make airliner models, after all. On the other hand, I sold off some decals and a B-29 kit that a bypasser coveted. It wasn't there for sale but he collects old Japanese kits and with that money I can probably pick up the better Fujimi B-29 at the Expo swap and sell.

Hopefully I will have some photos of our display day for you in a few days, care of Wedgie. In the meantime, here's a photo of three notorious members looking a lot more serious than they actually were at the time.

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby tor lives » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:35 am

Geez we are a pretty serious looking bunch.....and seeing that photo, clearly I have been in a pretty good paddock of late :?
TOR
tor lives

Postby Wedgetail » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:23 am

It was a good day as Ray mentioned, made even better by catching up with Ray, Knotty, Fred, Frank and Lea Morgan and others.
A very laid back day. I restrained myself by not buying one kit, but blew the stats by ending up carting home a library of books.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry after seeing that photo of us three, one must be ever vigilant when the Prof has a camera in his hands.

If you think you look like you've been in a good paddock Ray, then I look like I've cleaned out a whole supermarket, Knotty looks the fittest of the trio!

Once again, thanks for a great day guys.

Wayne
Wedgetail

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:54 am

Ray, it looks like those two guys are using stand-over tactics to get you to finish a model!

Hope you lot had a great day and looking forward to seeing some pic's!

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Next

Return to Crew Lounge