I have a problem....

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

I have a problem....

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:55 pm

Well, several really, but the pressing issue is just having spent a bucket load of cash on a 1/32 F-8 Crusader which will be backdated to a F-8C "MiG" Killer. My nuts are going to be killed up to my Adam's Apple if the good lady wife finds out! :o
I've always been a big fan of the Crusader - last of the true gunfighters. What's a man to do? Well, I've always worked on the theory that if I'm going to be a bear, be a grizzly and cop the flak afterwards. OK, that's it! No more spending! Can all 1/32 plastic aircraft model companies please please stop producing any more interesting subjects for at least the next ten years! This will give me a chance to work through the 20+ years of modelling projects I now have! :roll:

Ray - how about we change the name of this site to "Aircraft Modellers Anonymous"?
Adam the Akrodude

Re: I have a problem....

Postby Wedgetail » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Adam, you do not have a problem. F8 Crusader's are more than an aircraft, they are pure art. Even the French knew fine art when they saw it.
Never mind, you'll still be able to enjoy building it even without a bag of nuts, or an Adam's apple for that matter.

Cheers
Wayne
Wedgetail

Re: I have a problem....

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Thanks Wayne! Just the answer I was looking for after going through my pathetic post=purchase guilt trip! I'm sure my wife suffers no such issues when I query about some new dress she's wearing and she says "What, this old thing? I've had this for ages." Yeah babe, pity I saw the carry bag in the rubbish bin - busted! ;)

Guilt trip over! Sometime in the next five years I will build a 'Sader!

Thinking about this one as I like VF-111 "Sundowners", it's a MiG killer and it flew off the Intrepid, which I visited once when I was 21 in New York.

Adam the Akrodude

Return to Crew Lounge