time for some fun: 2016 predictions

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: time for some fun: 2016 predictions

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:16 pm

Oh and yes Adam we are a passionate bunch........Ray I prefer the over and under light GTO............but a mates grand father had a gto like that...but a judge model.
oz rb fan

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:30 pm

Adam if you would care to READ my post in which I said anything after '67 looked shit, I was referring to Mustangs and not any other make or model :? :? :? :? :? So there's a bit of premature slam dunking going on round here. Oh no. Only 1 Commodore totally designed here? Once again I am talking about cars built here man, from the VB to the VF. And last time I checked I didn't give a toss that my VN SS wasn't wholly designed here, merely the fact that it was ------>BUILT<----- here and it employed Australians in manufacturing. That is my whole freakin point. OK I'm bored now. Time to figure out Brock's Rubik's Cube :| :| :| :| :| :| :|
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:36 pm

oz rb fan wrote:Paul, then you also know.......only one commodore was totally designed here.......and it's not any of yours :o .....the vn is a widened opel omega......but at least it has a REAL holden engine..

@RB-Paul. Is that right? I'm not a expert on Holden engines by any means, but wasn't the short engine of Buick design and GMH rejigged the heads, ignition, etc?

@HRT Paul - dude, I'm many things but not a mind reader - you said "anything after '67 looked shit". Anyway, who needs much of a excuse to post pic's of muscle cars huh! I think everything went to shit with muscle cars after 69.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:43 pm

hrtpaul wrote:As for the new Mustang, having seen one Saturday night it appears ford US imported stylists from ford Australia that worked on the AU Falcon. It looks like a half sucked lollipop that's been in the gutter on a main road for a few days. Not a fan at all but then anything after the '67 looks like shit if you ask me.

Just sayin'. No mind reading required :? And the engine Paul is referring to in my VN SS is a Holden 5 Litre V8, not the pussbox V6.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:00 pm

@ Adam,i'm pretty sure the 253/308 is an aussie design...the V6 is a buick design that was refined to the later ecotec engine.

i my mind the 67/69 is the best looking mustang of all (especially the car kraft trans am mustang...moffat's is one of only 7 built)

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-gm-re ... G620160111
Adam this is the court case i mentioned earlier....if this goes bad it will open a flood in the US...there have allegedly been around 150 deaths from the faulty switch.....all this passion may be for nothing :( :( :( :( ......it make's VW's problems look small.
oz rb fan

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:14 pm

hrtpaul wrote:Adam if you would care to READ my post in which I said anything after '67 looked shit, I was referring to Mustangs and not any other make or model :? :? :? :? :? So there's a bit of premature slam dunking going on round here. Oh no. Only 1 Commodore totally designed here? Once again I am talking about cars built here man, from the VB to the VF. And last time I checked I didn't give a toss that my VN SS wasn't wholly designed here, merely the fact that it was ------>BUILT<----- here and it employed Australians in manufacturing. That is my whole freakin point. OK I'm bored now. Time to figure out Brock's Rubik's Cube :| :| :| :| :| :| :|

believe me mate,i fully agree with you there......when i was younger we made everything here........not just car's but everything from washing machines to aeroplanes!!!!!!!!.....the pollies from the last 40 years or more should hang their heads in shame....this was a great country...and holden exported all over the world(you know they made LHD FB holdens :shock: :o ...and they were exported to Greece of all places....monaro's to sth Africa(ford gt falcons as well)...family 2 engines to europe and sth Korea..........it had been a disgrace what OUR pollies have done.....and the current lot stabbing the local car workers in the back for the sake of a fucking free trade agreement with China......just get's my goat...i never meant to piss you off mate just a little bit of pot stirring that maybe went to far....i do like the look of the Buick concept car in rays post(yes maybe it may need a V8 for the knuckle draggers)...and maybe a name of it's own(though knowing GM it will get a local one)......what got me started was the whole it has to be a V8 thing...i like a v8,but it's not the be all and end all(i used to have a very nice VH 4.2 manual....very nice on a long drive)....but a 403 HP V6 is nothing to sneeze at....just my opinion.....btw Ray.........in the US the base model camaro has a 2 liter turbo 4 :shock: :o
oz rb fan

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge