Falklands War Chit Chat

A place for our military aviation modellers to show their stuff. It may not be civil but it still has a home here

Re: Falklands War Chit Chat

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:46 am

_BlackHawk_

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Very cool Brad. Them Argy pilots definitely had big kahunas :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:23 am

Coming through....
Attachments
dagger.jpg
dagger.jpg (68.71 KiB) Viewed 4308 times
_BlackHawk_

Postby tor lives » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:30 am

That is one kick-arse photo!!!.....that Dagger looks like it REALY means business!!
Talk about a predator on the prowl!!!
If I was a sailor boy on one of those British ships, I would be having to change my sailor duds right about now :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:29 pm

I wish someone would more their arse on releasing a Mirage V in 1/48, because I'll get at least 2 of them plus a Mirage IIIE. I've been looking at what loads the Daggers carried and from what I gather, Wings of the Malvina's is wrong in their statement that the Daggers carried two 1300l drop tanks and up to 4 250lb bombs or one Mk 17 500lb bomb. The figures I find say a range of 1300km with 4700l of external fuel and about 2000lb of bombs.

Both San Julian and Rio Grande are about 650km to bomb ally, so you're at max range already and that's with maximum tanks. You'd have to have three 1300l tanks at very least (confirmed by most pictures) giving 800l less fuel. You're not going to be able to carry the Mk 17 on the center line hard point nor 4x250lb bombs on an MER. It would make sense that with 800l less fuel, you're not going to be able to carry maximum pay load and besides that fact, you've only the two rear fuselage hard points for bombs available. Thus if you want to build a Dagger, I'd say three 1300l drop tanks and two 250lb bombs on the rear fuselage mounts is your only option.
_BlackHawk_

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:50 am

Look what I found mmmmmm http://www.aconcaguamodels.com.ar/prod/det_01.htm There's also a 1/48 Mirage V conversion there for ya Brad :) I'm seriously looking at the 1/48 Meteor F.4 conversion after seeing the awesome 1/32 Meteor at expo in Argy markings *droooooool*
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:48 pm

I've seen that kit, someone at IPMS bought one. I've got the Special Hobby 1/72 kit, which if you want to save some dollars on it, buy it in the Airfix box. 2 years ago at Expo Chris from High Planes said his 1/48 Mirage III/O/E/V was coming out soon, but thus far nothing.
_BlackHawk_

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:20 pm

I've got 2 AIrfix Pucara's but I'd love a 1/48 Pucara even better :)
hrtpaul

Postby _BlackHawk_ » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:15 pm

I'm actually starting to like Mirages....oh god...it's happening......
_BlackHawk_

Postby erussell » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:35 pm

Regarding the FIGAS Britten Norman Islander, S&M make a decal set for it. We should be able to get one if anyone wants one.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... -islander/

The "Air War Over the Falkands" book is actually not too bad - a few minor errors but generally okay. A few nasty people poke fun at its mis-spellings and Nigerian cover.....

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... falklands/
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

PreviousNext

Return to The Air Base