Uncle Les at his best

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Uncle Les at his best

Postby tor lives » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:23 pm

Has everyone seen Uncle Les's 1:32 DHA G2 over on AMI :shock: .....just bloody amazing.
If ya haven't seen it go and check it out.....modelling in it's purist form.

http://forum.aussiemodeller.com.au/view ... f=8&t=8405

If anyone is on AMI, congratulate Les for me will ya.
Uncle Les sure builds a great model!!!.
Ray
tor lives

Re: Uncle Les at his best

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:34 pm

The dude is insane. The way these guys create models of this calibre is amazing. I put Wally and Fred Harris in the same boat. I wanna be just like them when I grow up :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:53 pm

hrtpaul wrote: The way these guys create models of this calibre is amazing. I put Wally and Fred Harris in the same boat. I wanna be just like them when I grow up :)

Agreed.....the Wally's, Fred's,(who will be joining here on A/CAM real soon), and Les's of our hobby are real inspirations.
They adopt the attitude of "how it can be done as opposed to why it can't be ". They are fearless and innovative in their modelling, and nothing deters them. I too wanna be like them when I (finally) grow up.
Ray
tor lives

Postby B_finch » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:28 pm

tor lives wrote:
hrtpaul wrote: The way these guys create models of this calibre is amazing. I put Wally and Fred Harris in the same boat. I wanna be just like them when I grow up :)

Agreed.....the Wally's, Fred's,(who will be joining here on A/CAM real soon), and Les's of our hobby are real inspirations.
They adopt the attitude of "how it can be done as opposed to why it can't be ". They are fearless and innovative in their modelling, and nothing deters them. I too wanna be like them when I (finally) grow up.
Ray

Hear hear!
I have to agree as well, I don't think I could ever be in same category as them.

Brendon
B_finch

Postby Capt NG » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:37 pm

I agree.. Looking forward to Fred et al coming on board. There is no substitute for experience...
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!

RESPECT to all scratch builders! Masterful work Uncle Les.

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby VH-WAL » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:05 pm

Hang on! Hang on! Hang on! Lucky I stumbled upon this thread!!! I regret I have to kill the notion that I am anywhere near fit enough to be held in the same regard as my favourite Uncle, Fred, Ericg, Knotty and dozens of other modellers that frequent our sites.. guys honestly I am just a hack.. near enough is usually good enough for me and my execution is always flawed.
I will admit to having a go and trying things just to do subjects I like but I would be embarrassed to have any of my models anywhere near a competition table!

You guys must have been sucked in by my out of focus photography.. I got a new camera last week (Canon 5D Mk111 love it! Farnborough here I come!), I have to learn how to fog images up with this one now
VH-WAL

Postby Capt NG » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Yeah but you build something different Wally... Simple as that....people that branch out and do something different should be applauded more often... Sometimes more then those that build mainstream.
It's hard for me to get used to these changing times... I remember when the air was clean and the sex was dirty..
Capt NG

Postby tor lives » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:18 pm

Don't under-rate yourself Wal.....you build good stuff in schemes that no one has ever seen before.
Anyone can buy a kit and get after-market decals, but you are your own after-market decals. I am amazed at some of the stuff you have done :shock: .
Ray
tor lives

Postby Nillus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:07 pm

I love the stuff you do, Wally.
Often they are of aeroplanes I have seen or flown, and I get all nostalgic!
Nillus

Return to Model Talk