On Expo

A membership discussion forum for all things modelling.

Re: On Expo

Postby VH-WAL » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:18 pm

F-27pax wrote:I could have said that I had missed meeting you, Wally, except for the fact that it was I (or should that be 'me') who sold you the YS-11. You probably got as much pleasure from acquiring it as I did when I picked it up at another swap and sell a few years back. The only reason you got your hands on it was because I'm trying to make 1/144 the scale for all my airliners and I picked up a YS-11 in 1/144 a couple of years later. The other thing I picked up at Expo was a nice magnifying glass to help me in making these tiny models.

How about that!, the YS11 was one of those kit which I would grab if I ever saw one at a reasonable price, I have only ever seen a real one in the flesh so to speak in Oakland but the one I want to build is one that was leased to Air Niugini in the mid 70s

say I have wondered what is the significance of F27pax? give me a hint, which F27?

cheers
wal
VH-WAL

Postby oz rb fan » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:08 am

DAMN someone had a YS11 up there...........it would be the perfect finish to my planed Horikoshi's eagles build!!!
oz rb fan

Postby Wedgetail » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:25 pm

[quote="tor lives"
I must admit to going slightly over my budget though, on a couple of 1:32 Piper Cubs

Sorry Ray for blowing your budget, you have to admit that Knotty did help out at the time, :D :D Those Cubs are damn fine little planes. I'll be silly enough now to go and buy the Tundra Tyre version later this year when it's released. Also sorry to have missed meeting Wally, it would appear that F27 and I were selling to ACam members without realizing who they were. I only run into one floating pungent individual this year..........and it wasn't me either you lot.
Wayne
Wedgetail

Postby tor lives » Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Wedgetail wrote:[quote="tor lives"
I must admit to going slightly over my budget though, on a couple of 1:32 Piper Cubs

Sorry Ray for blowing your budget, you have to admit that Knotty did help out at the time, :D :D Those Cubs are damn fine little planes. I'll be silly enough now to go and buy the Tundra Tyre version later this year when it's released.
Wayne

G'day Wayne,
Good to see you and Leigh at the Model Expo S&S last weekend. Thanks so much for relieving me of some $$$, but seriously your price on the Cub and Staggerwing was to good to refuse, (and thanks for looking after me there). Seems whenever you are around, be it Ballarat or Sandown, I find myself spending money on kits :D . You better make sure that you get that 1:32 Cub Tundra tyres, that way I will not feel so guilty about the TWO Cubs I bought.
TOR
PS: yeah....Knotty certainly did encourage me to go Cub-hunting
tor lives

Postby F-27pax » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:07 pm

Wally, the handle F-27pax reminds me of a flight between Melbourne and Canberra during the process of transferring the Airports Branch of DoT to Canberra in 1979. It was a TAA F-27 that was a delight in itself with those lovely big windows. On board were a bunch of trainee hostesses and so the light passenger load got offered a lot of tea and biscuits during the flight.
F-27pax

Postby VH-WAL » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:38 am

F-27pax wrote:Wally, the handle F-27pax reminds me of a flight between Melbourne and Canberra during the process of transferring the Airports Branch of DoT to Canberra in 1979. It was a TAA F-27 that was a delight in itself with those lovely big windows. On board were a bunch of trainee hostesses and so the light passenger load got offered a lot of tea and biscuits during the flight.

Thought it may have been VH-TFE the Mk 1 and a half DOA F-27. Had a Jolly in that back in '76 Essendon Mildura Adelaide Essendon. We were a bunch of ATC trainees ostensibly listening to the air ground communications on the flight but it rapidly degenerated to Poker and 500 playing alas no hosties.
VH-WAL

Previous

Return to Model Talk