For Adam and other Ford lovers!!!

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: For Adam and other Ford lovers!!!

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:05 pm

My second VN SS. Soon to get a worked 355 stroker and 5 speed from my grey one :twisted:
And my daily VX V8 Calais
There's also a LX SS hatch in bits in my shed :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:37 pm

I miss my coupe :cry: I just had to sell it a few years ago - it was just too expensive owning two cars at the time. Anyway, it went to a good home and I had some incredible experiences in it - experiences that are pretty well impossible to have these days.

XAGT 2-door "Coupe". I know the official name was Hardtop, but this was my Coupe - in your face you know who at AMI!

In between a mix of work Commodores and pretty plain Fords, eventually came the AU III XR-8. I thought quite a nice car to drive except the a/c was a bloody disaster - always leaking! The Winsor 302 is a wonderful engine.

Current ride this this below. Nice to drive. Some stupid issues like the metal strip on top of the gear stick tends to burn my hand on hot days - idiotic interior designer moron's idea! Great idea - design a car that inflicts pain on the driver! Very annoying issue with the crank RPM sensor as well, which sometimes decides not to work meaning engine will not start. Oh yeah, this was my first Ford sedan not to have water leak into the boot in when it rained!

Very sad we now see the end of Aussie cars made in Australia. What more can we say. What was a figure I saw, only 12% of vehicles sold last year were Aussie made. The reasons are complex and perhaps inevitable, but it's still sad. :cry:

Don't ever ask me about my experiences with that gigantic P.O.S called the Territory! :evil:

Still, GT Mustang to aim for one day, so not all bad! :D

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:41 pm

The pinnacle of Australian automotive design!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2LikUv-71w

Well, mine did have a impossibly heavy clutch and impossibly heavy steering, but it was COOL!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:43 pm

That's a descent stable of some of Holden's finest there Paul.
The ol VN SS still looks good mate....she has a bit of a timeless quality about her.
If I could have one "dream" high performance Holden though, it would be a mint condition untouched HSV VS GTS-R
"big yella". Only 75 of them built, and she was big, "in-ya-face", bad-arse with that outrageous yellow and carbon fibre colour scheme and over-sized rear deck wing, and the closest thing to a street legal race car you could get. I don't think I will ever get one now, but we all have our automotive dreams I guess.
Ray
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:The pinnacle of Australian automotive design!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2LikUv-71w

Well, mine did have a impossibly heavy clutch and impossibly heavy steering, but it was COOL!

Oh I beg to differ Adam. This IS the pinnacle my friend, end of story :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
http://ih3.redbubble.net/image.9243309. ... ,075,f.jpg
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:57 pm

tor lives wrote:That's a descent stable of some of Holden's finest there Paul.
The ol VN SS still looks good mate....she has a bit of a timeless quality about her.
If I could have one "dream" high performance Holden though, it would be a mint condition untouched HSV VS GTS-R
"big yella". Only 75 of them built, and she was big, "in-ya-face", bad-arse with that outrageous yellow and carbon fibre colour scheme and over-sized rear deck wing, and the closest thing to a street legal race car you could get. I don't think I will ever get one now, but we all have our automotive dreams I guess.
Ray

It'll be even better once I've got the manual in it. You steer an auto but you DRIVE a manual. The GTS-R was definitely out these and rare as so hence it commands the $$$$
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:06 pm

I posted this once before on AMI, but I will do it again here.
Here is my Holden History

My first car and the one that started an enduring love affair between me and the General...the classic VC, great car!!

After some f@#$ing A#$@ hole stole and stripped the VC she was replaced with the HDT-enhanced VK. This car sure did help me get over the loss of the VC.

I then bought the VN.....WORST CAR ever!!!. I should have got a VN SS or HSV VN Group A instead.

I got rid of the VN pretty quick and replaced her with the big, thumping VP SS. Great car with those outrageous turbine mags that people either loved or hated...I loved em

The VP SS gave way to the HSV-enhanced VR SS, another great car!!

I gave up the VR SS for the limited-edition mighty CV8R Monaro!!!. All power with 5.7 lts of V8 grunt, when it worked :? (she was actually a bitch of a car technically....but stunning to look at!!!. Us blokes are so superficial :D )

And now my current ride..... another limited-edition, this time the VE SSV SE (aka Pontiac G8). Just a great car with 6.0 lt grunt and power to spare. When you plant the foot in this thing she just owns the road!!!

And what of the future?????

:D :D yes please!!!!

Regards
Ray

The
Last edited by tor lives on Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:17 pm

This is THE Commodore I want. The VN Group A SS, the last of the Holden built race cars for the road
http://assets.cougar.nineentertainment. ... 010280.jpg
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:29 pm

hrtpaul wrote:This is THE Commodore I want. The VN Group A SS, the last of the Holden built race cars for the road
http://assets.cougar.nineentertainment. ... 010280.jpg

Yep....couldn't agree more. Last of the mighty Group As!!!
And she still looks stunning today, she hasn't aged a bit.
If I could get a mint one of these I would be pretty happy.
In my imaginary garage she will be sitting very nicely beside my mint condition, low Ks, unmolested HSV GTS-R.
http://www.hsv.com.au/gen-f/see/hsv-cla ... Model=GTSR
Ray
Last edited by tor lives on Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tor lives

Postby tor lives » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:47 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:Image

Still, GT Mustang to aim for one day, so not all bad! :D

Cheers

Adam

I have to say Adam...you have owned/own some of the very finest to come out of the Blue Oval camp.
I always did love the big, bad-arse XA/XB/XC Hardtops.... oops, I mean Coups :oops: . Did you ever see Eric Banner's "Love the Beast" movie??
Secretly... I really do like the late-model XR6s, XR8s and FPV GT series....Ford really got these right. If I was ever going to go to the "dark side" I think it would be in a late-model GT Falcon. I actually wouldn't say no to a BA Falcon GT in good nick, (but don't tell Knotty I said that, or I'll never live it down :D )
I guess the best we can look forward to now is you in your Mustang and me in my Holden-badged Camaro in a few years time.
Ray
Last edited by tor lives on Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tor lives

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge