My new job

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: My new job

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:37 am

I'd be pretty happen being zipped around in a exec-jet - some have to do it tough!

Still, if I had to slum it as a "executive" in a prop-job, then it has to be the Spartan Executive - of course! It would though involve getting bumped around having to fly under, through or around clouds on occasion and this could be challenging when nursing that well aged scotch after that corporate meeting! :D

Adam the Akrodude

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:23 am

RHB....she's a howard 500....such a stunning bird, I believe she's one of just 2 currently flying(and I believe both owned by the same person).......my other preference would be a full kitted out connie....aaaah the sound of round.......but if I had to have a jet a modern HS125 variant would do nicely.
oz rb fan

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:44 am

Hmm? Best corporate jet for me - Su-27!

Yes of course totally ridiculous notion, but there were two for sale in USA some time ago for $5 million each. These disappeared off the market pretty quickly and I'm guessing the US government bought them - just to get them off the market if nothing else. $5 mill for a Suk is a good deal and would make pretty cool executive transport if a "UB" two seater. Hey Putin has been jetted around in a Suk on occasion, so why not a top exec?

http://www.prideaircraft.com/flanker.htm

Hey Ray, anyone know what's happening with the Red Arrows Gnat down at Essendon? Will it fly again?
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:01 am

Night engine testing of my preferred mode of "executive" transport! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df3vW5HsPlc#t=166

Hey Ray, any of your clients looking for a particularly fast mode of transport?

Keep in mind folks I ain't being serious here! Hey, who knows - one day there may be a offshore supersonic corridor between Melb, Syd & Bris? Sukhoi was at one time looking at developing a supersonic exec jet. Imagine one of these in your hangar Ray!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi-Gulfstream_S-21
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:45 am

Adam the Akrodude wrote: Hey Ray, anyone know what's happening with the Red Arrows Gnat down at Essendon? Will it fly again?

Actually saw it two days ago...it's currently up for sale in "as is" condition.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:17 pm

tor lives wrote:
Adam the Akrodude wrote: Hey Ray, anyone know what's happening with the Red Arrows Gnat down at Essendon? Will it fly again?

Actually saw it two days ago...it's currently up for sale in "as is" condition.
TOR

Hmm - let me check my piggy bank - ah drats - empty as usual! :( One would need serious coin to own/operate something like this. Look how long the private Hunter and Mig-21UTI lasted - now gathering dust up at Fighter World at Willitown. Even wealthy doctors have a hard time keeping these very high performance jets flying. In North America and Europe, airshows can add to the income, but this just does not exist here to remotely the same extent. Bet you the Gnat ends up going offshore.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:18 pm

And here is my morning's "work" today
God I am loving this gig.
TOR
BTW...she is a Cessna Citation 560 Ultra
tor lives

Postby F-27pax » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:55 am

Your new job looks magnificent. I guess you don't get to hang out in the hangar (that's why they're called that, isn't it) all the time, but it would sure be nice to be able to pop over every time you feel the need. And a nice change from an endless supply of 737s and A329s. More photos when you feel inclined, I could look at pictures of Bizjets all day. Was out at Essendon earlier this week and saw some lovely examples.

Leigh
F-27pax

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge