Tigermoth flight

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Tigermoth flight

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:Why don't I have a plane? Cos like you said it takes $$$$ of which there's not much spare. Maybe one day so we'll see what happens :)

And you won't have anyone to blame but yourself when it gets broke..

It won't get broke cos it will have an engineer flying it instead of a bloody pilot :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:25 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
Cap'n Wannabe wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:Why don't I have a plane? Cos like you said it takes $$$$ of which there's not much spare. Maybe one day so we'll see what happens :)

And you won't have anyone to blame but yourself when it gets broke..

It won't get broke cos it will have an engineer flying it instead of a bloody pilot :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So what you're really saying is it won't get off the ground.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:So what you're really saying is it won't get off the ground.. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

It'll get off the ground alright. It just won't come back busted cos some fool got bored and started playing with shit he's not supposed to 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:Why resist Ray, you know deep down you want to start that 1/32 Tiger Moth don't you :twisted: You know 1/32 is the one true scale don't you :twisted: It's easy, just walk over to that enormous stash of yours, pick out that poor neglected Tiger Moth kit that is desperate to be built and open the box :twisted: The rest will be easy :twisted:

Hmm, I hope using semi-evil mind warping techniques doesn't get me banned from this site? :roll:

I am really attracted and drawn to build VH-UVB when she carried her Qantas titles for her participation in the 1992 two-day "Qantas Rising" event, a 70th anniversary re-enactment flight of the airline's first service.

VH-PFL also appeals to me, with the iconic Qantas "Flying Kangaroo" on her nose.

Still gotta master such things as rigging and extensive 1:32 cockpit detailing etc.
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:35 pm

My mission when I get home is to smash out the 1/72 kit so I can bring it up here on my next trip and give it to Graeme. A 1/72 Tiger Moth in 4 weeks you say? That should be doable. Hardest things will be colour matching the blue and figure out how to do the rego on such a small rudder. I'll forgo the black edging on the rego and just have it silver. Any ideas how to do it as quickly and as painlessly as possible? Poor Eric is gonna get bombarded with questions when I start the big one LOL Oh here's the first Question for Eric :o :o :o Is this the stuff you used for the flying wires? http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/2B2375B8EB444ED5A22DA3BE0FB40562 TIA :D :D :D
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:45 pm

They look cool mate. I've never rigged a plane before either but much like my fear of Alclad which I've overcome, I'm just gonna jump straight in and give it a crack. If the thread I've queried Eric about is the stuff he used in his build I'll be getting some. @ 200m a roll I'll give ya some as I won't need that much even if I do stuff up heaps LOL BTW Eric's awesome build can be found here http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8191
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:49 pm

Geez....lotsa possibilities for VH-UVB!
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=VH-U ... fQRSSgM%3A
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:52 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:Geez....lotsa possibilities for VH-UVB!

LOL I just did the same search :D :D :D :D :D
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:04 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
Cap'n Wannabe wrote:Geez....lotsa possibilities for VH-UVB!

LOL I just did the same search :D :D :D :D :D

Me too :lol:
The only problem is I don't have a nice clear shot of her in her Qantas colours, (except for the ones I have posted).
Contacted the Qantas Museum at Longreach, and not even they have any shots of her carrying the QF titles. So I am putting it out there....if anyone has shots of her carrying the QF titles, I would love to see them.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:26 pm

I notice she's also carrying the Wards logo on the cowl. I'd say QANTAS is on the top surface of the both wings, too. Definitely on the RH wing..
Cap'n Wannabe

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge