Post card from Farnborough

The membership central "photo album". Show us what ya got folks!!!

Post card from Farnborough

Postby VH-WAL » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:23 am

Hi Gang
Yesterday was a big day for me, jetlagged from flying the day before, up at 4.30, 5 trains and a bus trip got me to Farnborough at 10.00
I was intending to go into the pavilions but as aircraft were flying in and out I was content to hang around outside snapping away at most winged things.. I didn't waste pixels on stuff that didn't interest me..

here is a sampler, go to flikr by clicking on one of these pictures and have a look of some of the stuff, I'll put some more in the next few days.

whilst the great war demo was going on with the circus dogfighting overhead and my camera in both hands up to eyelevel, I suffered a massive wardrobe failure! My trousers weighted down by pockets full of phones, coins maps tickets and water bottles dropped to arselevel as the belt buckle failed. I had lost a bit of weight getting fit for my walk and the trousers were now very loose. Anyway no-one noticed as all eyes were in the sky as I pulled 'em up and was able to effect repairs by using a bit of gear I had in my rucksack
VH-WAL

Re: Post card from Farnborough

Postby Wedgetail » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:56 am

Great photos Wal, looking forward to your collection of post cards from abroad. I think a pair of braces are in order to help out with any further accidents.
Have a few pints for me while you're over there.
Cheers
Wayne
Last edited by Wedgetail on Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wedgetail

Postby Tony P » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:58 am

Great pics Wal. I was watching online live last night. I noticed the top of the A400M wings and thought it was condensation. Looks like paint missing?
You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Postby Graeme H » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:58 am

Great lot of photos Wal, make sure you get a good belt replacement though, those refined English may not be able to get over such shocking displays

Tony if you look a the other photos in Wal's flicr account you will see that they are some sort of tape, and the 2 black thing sticking up on the fuselage, may possibly be cameras (or not), so maybe some sort of photo recording of airflow, maybe, well possibly, just guessing really
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby wombatair » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Great Pictures _ as usual --Wall. :)
Well done. Thanks.

Not every day a photographer gets the chance to show off his equipment to his admirers. :oops: :twisted: :roll:

The Grizzley's paintjob looks a lot like a bad case of peeling - but as this is not something you would want to show off to potential customers it maybe some testing being carried out - on a need to know basis. ;) I will check out a few "other sources".
An idea for weathering of my almost completed A400M. ITN :P :oops: :twisted: :roll:

Lindsay L

PS You will be pleased that the photo on page 3 of the "Sun" did not show enough to recognise the "Aussie shows all at the Show". :D :oops: :o For a moment I thought they were refering to a "N :D :D omad" .. :D
wombatair

Postby VH-WAL » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:47 pm

Thanks!

chucked a few more on last night

more on flikr click on a pic to get there
VH-WAL

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Cracker pics Wally. I'm actually planning to do that D-Day Typhoon some day. Have a great rest of the trip mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Geez, that Anson looks great!
Hope not too many people,were shocked by the moon coming out early.. :lol:
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby RayS » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:12 pm

Excellent stuff Wal!

Those P-8 shots of the pylons are a great ref for a future build. Pity I can't save copies :cry:
Ray

RayS

Postby VH-WAL » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:29 pm

34DAF900 wrote:Excellent stuff Wal!

Those P-8 shots of the pylons are a great ref for a future build. Pity I can't save copies :cry:

Hmmm, I never restricted downloads of pics, I'll see if I can fix, anyways I'll email you full resolution pics.. I believe in sharing pics
VH-WAL

Next

Return to Member Photos