A new chapter..

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

A new chapter..

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:24 pm

After almost 2 1/2 years as a Recreational Aviation instructor, the time has come to move on. An instrument rating beckons, but to do that, I need funds. Since it'll be a cold day in hell before I sell my stash, the only other option is to return to drafting for a while. This Thursday, I'll fly my last sortie in a Foxbat, and take up a new - albiet temporary - role as a CAD monkey. The last 2 1/2 years have seen a few goals achieved - namely, 1,000 hours, 1,000 hours PIC, and the long-coveted CPL. Before starting the instrument rating, I'll be spending some time at Lethbridge, training for a tail-wheel endorsement and an aerobatics rating, so I won't be completely walking away from aviation.
I must admit, it'll be a nice change to fly purely for fun again. :)
Oh, and to that "gentleman" from another site....I done it, and you ain't. You tell me who's the wannabe..
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Re: A new chapter..

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:28 pm

I missed this post of yours mate - until now. There are doers, dreamers and complete b/s artists in this world. You dude are a doer of course and only limited by your imagination, oh and ones bank account of course!

Best of luck with the next stage of your aerial adventure!

Happy landings!

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby oz rb fan » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:47 pm

F&@K.....Adam i'm not even e dreamer.........Damo i wish you well in you future plans,stash sale avoidance is a good thing ....i hope you can keep your dreams on track.........but who are HRT and my self going to drop in on unannounced on RDO's now!!!?
oz rb fan

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:57 pm

Yeah well I'm stuffed if I'm driving all the way to Aberfeldie just to drop in on Damo. At least at Moorabbin there was something interesting to do there when we did drop in on him LOL
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 am

oz rb fan wrote:F&@K.....Adam i'm not even e dreamer.........Damo i wish you well in you future plans,stash sale avoidance is a good thing ....i hope you can keep your dreams on track.........but who are HRT and my self going to drop in on unannounced on RDO's now!!!?

Dude, you're a doer! How many awesome air shows have you been to overseas? You've one of the best man caves I've ever seen too!
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Crew Lounge