Duxford pix over in the photos section

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Duxford pix over in the photos section

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:45 pm

I've started to upload pic's from my expedition to Duxford. Very easy museum to get to for those who have not visited. I flew into Stansted (about 1.5 hours north of London by bus/train) and Duxford is a further 30 min's north of Stansted by car (up the M11 I think). This is my second visit to Duxford (just the museum, not the airshow) and you need at lest 3 hours to see all the aeroplanes and displays. I didn't get to see any armour stuff (ah, why bother!) and ran out of time to see the "Flying" hangar with Duxford's privately owned warbird fleet. Winter is not a great time to visit either, as the hangars are dim, making it pretty challenging to take a decent photo. I needed my big flash - not brought this trip. I must like Paul (Mr. RB) make a pilgrimage to Duxford in the summer (one day!) to attend one of it's three annual airshows.

First of my instalments is the SR-71 walk around, followed by the "Frightning". Hope you like and it's of some interest.

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Re: Duxford pix over in the photos section

Postby tor lives » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:36 pm

What a great series of "walk around" photos Adam, (especially the Concorde :D ).
Thanks very much for posting!!!
TOR
tor lives

Return to Crew Lounge