Can I just ask

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Can I just ask

Postby Tony P » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:50 pm

why do people have to sign up to the forum or their Facebook membership will be deleted? Not trying to start a shit storm but I think that's counter-productive. Just interested in the thoughts behind it.
You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Re: Can I just ask

Postby tor lives » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:16 pm

Fair question.....because Tony, the FB page has had the net effect of "cannibalising " and eroding potential Site membership, (FB Page membership = 697 V Site membership = 157).
This is a situation that is unsustainable for the Site moving forward.
For the sake of the Site and it's sponsors, I need to arrest control of this situation and turn it around.
The original intent of the FB page was to point people towards that site.....alas that hasn't happened.
Indeed, if necessary, I will kill off the FB page to save the Site, (but we are not at that point yet).
Hope that explains it.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Ansett A330 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:22 pm

OK first of all a Declaration/Confession - I am not on Facebook and never will be for my own personal reasons.

So I really don't know or care how Facebook works being an "off your Facebook" person ... however ... I find such a decision totally acceptable as not only does it return some control (and most likely some revenue if there is any revenue generated from Advertising) to a Creator/Administrator of an Internet Site rather than to the Over Lords of Facebook after all it is the Internet and not just only Facebook (yet anyway - although I'm sure Zuckerberg or whatever his name is believes it will be the only thing on the Internet in x number of years time).

If it means less people on either or both well that would be sad for the Site but I'm sure Facebook wouldn't notice (or care).
Ansett A330

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:13 am

Personally, I think this move has paid off already with the addition of a new member called Uros. His models are brilliant and he is a most welcome addition to our little "family".

Tony, I think the FB page should be there to advertise A/CAM - let members know of new developments and posts, not compete with the site as it has been - just my thoughts.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby BradG » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:20 pm

I think Ray just worded that a bit poorly, hence my question in the other thread. In the facebook settings, the moderators can turn off members ability to post to the page they have joined. You will still be a member of that page and can still reply to posts made and get notifications in your timeline of posts made, but only the admins can make posts. I know as I moderate a few facebook pages (please try not to faint at that thought!!)
BradG

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:20 pm

BradG wrote:I think Ray just worded that a bit poorly, hence my question in the other thread. In the facebook settings, the moderators can turn off members ability to post to the page they have joined. You will still be a member of that page and can still reply to posts made and get notifications in your timeline of posts made, but only the admins can make posts. I know as I moderate a few facebook pages (please try not to faint at that thought!!)

Hey man, you made my goat faint! :evil:

Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:26 pm

BradG wrote:I think Ray just worded that a bit poorly, hence my question in the other thread.

Fair call Brad, never let it be said that I or indeed other A/CAM Site/FB page moderators are not open to fair and reasonable constructive observation and feed back, (I do however want to put a rocket under the FB page membership though, as they have been repeatedly encouraged to do this).
TOR
tor lives

Postby tor lives » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:02 pm

So for the last few days we are averaging 1 to 2 new Site members a day.
It would appear that we have a working strategy.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:27 am

tor lives wrote:So for the last few days we are averaging 1 to 2 new Site members a day.
It would appear that we have a working strategy.
TOR

This from the White House! :lol:

Bad jokes aside, this is looking great for A/CAM and the new members are most welcome!
Adam the Akrodude

Return to Crew Lounge