Windows 10 WTF!!!

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Windows 10 WTF!!!

Postby tor lives » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:28 am

Hi guys,
I have just moved over to Windows 10 on my home computer and I gotta tell ya.....not happy Jane :x
For some reason it is now a labour-intensive, drawn-out, time consuming drama uploading photos from my camera to the computer, (used to be just a couple of clicks), and now I have just discovered that to get a print off Airliners.net is also a drama, (I used to just right click and press print......now I gotta "save as" blah, blah, blah). I truly am struggling to see any benefits or advantages of Windows 10 over what it replaced, in fact it seems more clumsy, clunky, and complicated.....perhaps someone could enlighten me.
TOR
tor lives

Re: Windows 10 WTF!!!

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm sticking with Windows 7 as long as I can. Tried Winows 8 once and that was a POS.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:35 pm

Same here....got Windows 7 Pro on my desktop and home edition on my latptop. Couldn't be happier with them...well....I could, but that's another story..
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby RayS » Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:57 pm

Ray,

Your internet issues are to do with 'Edge' as they have rebadged Internet Explorer.

The older internet explorer is still in there but it is not exposed as an 'App'

To open the older version of Internet Explorer click the W\indows Start icon on the lower left of the taskbar to bring up the start menu, start typing 'iexplorer' (no quotes). You will get a 'best match' of Internet Explorer (11) in the search results (top). Then right click and from the options either 'add to start' or 'add to task bar'.

Then you can run it from either of these places and you should get most of the previous Internet Explorer functionality you had in the previous version of windows.

I myself use Google Chrome in Windows 10, it is different to Explorer but I have been using it for a few years and the functionality does not change ever update like the Microsoft.

I don't have issues with uploading pictures now, once you tell the PC what you want to do when you plug the camera in then it remembers, you should get a 'tap here to decide how to manage' the device or something similar banner appearing at the top right of the screen. Click on the banner and it gives you a bunch of options, I selected 'Open device in folder views' (or something like that). After that when I plug the camera in, it thinks a bit and then opens the folders on the camera, then I navigate to the DCIM folder to get the pictures.

Hope this helps
Ray

RayS

Postby tor lives » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:51 pm

Thanks to Ray's advice I have ridded myself of that horrid Windows 10 and everything is now back to normal with my beloved Windows 7. Thanks for the guidance and advice Ray.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:45 am

Yeah, thanks Microsoft for continuing to push worse and worse products on us! Windows 7 is fine. I'm lumbered with Windows 10 on my new laptop - what a enormous P.O.S it is! :evil:
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:47 am

Now that I have manually reverted back to Windows 7, I notice that Windows 10 now keeps trying to "force" itself on to my home computer. Is there any way of stopping this???
TOR
tor lives

Postby F-27pax » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:18 am

I'm having the same trouble with Windows 10 insisting that I replace my lovely Windows 7 with it. This after having gone to Windows 8 a couple of years back and getting so annoyed with it that I got Windows 7 reinstalled. I didn't see what was wrong with XP either! The trouble is that this computer is getting so old, crabby and slow that I'll have to replace it soon, and I'm not looking forward to it, coming loaded with Windows 10 and all. I'm holding out as long as I can, but the day of doom is coming closer to hand.

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:37 am

That's it isn't it - what the hell was wrong with XP? Microsoft in their quest to simplify and dumb down their product have just make this clunky mess called Windows 10! I hate too how there does not seem to be a way to turn off that Window 10 upgrade message - BASTARDS!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:00 pm

What Windows 10 upgrade message....?
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Next

Return to Crew Lounge