"Flying to the ends of the earth" program

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

"Flying to the ends of the earth" program

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:15 am

Anyone watch this on SBS last night? I know Damo did! It's a doco done by a former Royal Marine who was crippled in a accident and has since learnt to fly. The first episode is on the Himalayas and the scenery is spectacular! It includes he visiting Lukla airport and another even worse further north west. Texting traffic got pretty full on to and from Damo, as there was footage of this guy going for a flight in a little Foxbat (not the 36 tonne Russian version!) - 11,000 ft in between rather large mountains. Next week he visits Lostralia and PNG - could be entertaining!

Here's the link below if anyone is interested.

http://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/628370499933/flying-to-the-ends-of-the-earth-the-himalayas
Adam the Akrodude

Re: "Flying to the ends of the earth" program

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:57 am

It was a very interesting program, although I would've liked to see the Marine flying more. I reckon he'll get to 'straya next week, take one look at CASA, and bugger off back to where he came from!
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Re: "Flying to the ends of the earth" program

Postby tor lives » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:58 am

Adam the Akrodude wrote: there was footage of this guy going for a flight in a little Foxbat - 11,000 ft in between rather large mountains. Next week he visits Lostralia and PNG - could be entertaining!

So which episode covers the air crash investigation and his funeral :?
TOR
tor lives

Return to Crew Lounge