time for some fun: 2016 predictions

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

time for some fun: 2016 predictions

Postby tor lives » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:31 am

OK....so time for some fun. Here are my "Nostradamus" predictions for 2016.
Feel free to add yours, and we will check again in precisely one year's time, (unless of course one of the predictions is the end of the world, and it comes true.....only need to get that right once :D ).

Ray's 2016 Predictions

1/ ISIS will be resoundingly defeated on all fronts after the world finally get's serious and takes out these dicks once and for all.
2/ The Essendon Bombers will return to greatness, (without chemical assistance), and win the 2016 Grand Final.
3/ Following the overwhelming success of the introduction of the high performance Ford Mustang into the Australian market, General Motors will be forced to counter this, and announce that the Camaro will be bought to Australia wearing Holden badges, thus maintaining Holden dominance in the High Performance and Motor Sports arenas.
4/ Qantas will finally acknowledge that the A380 has failed to live up to economic or operational expectations and withdraw the type from service. They will be traded to Boeing, (who will immediately scrap them to prevent their re-entry into the market), and be replaced by a fleet of technologically-superior, ultra long-range, and super fuel-efficient Next Gen Boeing 777s :D. Following on from this Airbus will announce the premature closing of the A380 production line due to complete lack of orders for the type. Boeing will say "We told you so" :D . Qantas will donate one A380 to the Qantas Founders Museum in Longreach, Queensland. Boeing will halt production of the 747-8 shortly after the A380, thus ending the era of the four-engine wide-body "jumbo jet".
5/ Indisputable and concrete evidence of alien life will finally be discovered. This will fundamentally change the way humanity views our place in the universe, and how we treat our home planet.
6/ LATs/VLATs will have proven themselves indispensable in dealing with Australia's bushfire threat, and large fleets of these remarkable aircraft will be deployed every fire season from now on.
7/ Malcolm will be returned to Government in a land slide Federal Election victory. Bill will disappear into political obscurity.
8/ A Next Generation replacement for Concorde will be announced.....this Hypersonic Transport Aircraft (HTA) will be the first commercial joint venture between Boeing and Airbus, (other project partners will include Embraer, Bombardier, Ilyushin, Tupolev and Mitsubishi). Launch customers will include: United, American Airlines, Delta, British Airways, Air France, Lufthansa, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar Airways, Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Japan Airlines, Aeroflot , and Cathay Pacific.
9/ The Earth will have a very close encounter with an up-to-now undetected asteroid. This "extinction event-sized" asteroid will come closer to the Earth than even the moon during it's high-speed fly past. This will be the closest "near miss'" of it's kind in human history and will have the world scrambling to come up with a legitimate and viable global "asteroid defence plan" to cater for similar future events.
10/ Capt Eric will take first place in the Airliner and Civil Aircraft category's at Model Expo 2016 .
11/ A/CAM, LSP, and AMI will merge creating Australia's first ever modelling "Super Site". This new modelling mega-site will be jointly owned and managed by Ray Woodford, Kev Futter, and Dave Harvey.
12/ Paul finds his dream job in Melbourne (test driving the above-mentioned Holden Camaro SS at Lang Lang perhaps??), and will make it to Model Expo 2016.
So there is mine.....let's see how many of these come to pass.
Your turn
TOR
tor lives

Re: time for some fun: 2016 predictions

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:02 pm

Agree with most of these - not so sure about no. 2 & 9. I predict Eric better bring a large suitcase down for Expo trophies and use road transport once again. I predict my jaw will drop seeing that large white resin lawn dart he's hopefully bringing down - plus all his other amazing models!

I also expect by the end of this year we will all own/drive fly something like this! :D

http://www.terrafugia.com/

If not, most certainly this! :D

http://www.martinjetpack.com/

I also expect that the F-35 "Haters" will finally come to their senses and accept that the 35 is one serious kick ass dispenser of death and destruction flyin' machine! :D

I expect it is highly likely I will take a sledge hammer to our piece of s#*t Territory very shortly with the latest failure being the RHS upper hinge for the rear door/hatch - what a seriously gigantic piece of crap this vehicle has been! :evil:
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri Jan 01, 2016 12:25 pm

I also expect the Earth will receive it's first "visitors"....

Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:53 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:

I also expect that the F-35 "Haters" will finally come to their senses and accept that the 35 is one serious kick ass dispenser of death and destruction flyin' machine! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: breath :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: snort, breath :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's almost as funny as Ray sayin Essendon will win the GF. It's got a lot to prove before it even gets close to your description. BTW did I mention :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby davecana » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:55 pm

No.1 - agree
I agree with No2, Essendon is and always will be the No1 team.
No.3 - Ford, GM, pfffft, Mopar will always produce the best muscle cars, all Ford and GM can do is fight for second.
I disagree with No4 as the Airbus seat used in the 330's and 380's operated by Qantas are much more comfortable than any 777 seat that I've sat in. If Boeing want to dominate the airliner world, they'd better design a better seat. That could be one of my predictions, Boeing design a comfortable seat.

That's all I'll respond to now.

My predictions, I get a transfer to PC-21's, yey me. I finally finish a airliner kit to display at expo, yey me again.
davecana

Postby tor lives » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:45 pm

davecana wrote:If Boeing want to dominate the airliner world, they'd better design a better seat. .

Ummmmm......... but Boeing don't design or build the seats, (nor does Airbus for that matter) :? .....they just fit the seats as selected and directed by the customer airline.
http://www.airlineupdate.com/content_su ... eating.htm
TOR
tor lives

Postby davecana » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:55 pm

tor lives wrote:
davecana wrote:If Boeing want to dominate the airliner world, they'd better design a better seat. .

Ummmmm......... but Boeing don't design or build the seats, (nor does Airbus for that matter) :? .....they just fit the seats as selected and directed by the customer airline.
TOR

Well the seats that Qantas use in their Airbuses are still better than the seats they selected for their Boeings, or the ones that other airliners have selected for their Boeings. Plus the airflow through the 777 is about as good as a Kingair, whereas the 330's and 380's are more comfortable in that regards to.
davecana

Postby tor lives » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:58 pm

davecana wrote:
tor lives wrote:

TOR

Well the seats that Qantas use in their Airbuses are still better than the seats they selected for their Boeings, or the ones that other airliners have selected for their Boeings.

If it ain't Boeing it ain't going !!! :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby tor lives » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:07 pm

davecana wrote:Plus the airflow through the 777 is about as good as a Kingair, whereas the 330's and 380's are more comfortable in that regards to.

Given the amount of time they sit at the aerobridge broken and delayed, (while 777s come and go around em all day), they would want to have something going for em.
They say there are only two groups of people who really love the A380.....the passengers and the fuel companies :D
I am not a complete Airbus critic though....the A310 was a good aircraft.
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:38 am

You didn't foresee this one Ray!

Gulfstream G550s for the RAAF

Looks like 2 aircraft from fly away costs on the web.
Ray

RayS

Next

Return to Crew Lounge