Has anyone seen my Mojo?

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Has anyone seen my Mojo?

Postby DesTROYer » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:11 pm

On some of my last few builds I have noticed my paint work lacking and my motivation to get into the office early on a weekend, wanting.
At first I put it down to the problems I was having getting a decent white coat down on my builds and the fact that my latest build, a 1/72 Hercules commission, is repeating a build I have already recently done, and though I'm trying to improve on what I did on mine, it's not enough to enthuse me to get in and spend a whole day working on it. Being a commission build, I'm worried that I'm going to cock up the paint too, which could also be holding me back.

I'm still buying kits that I want to build (another 6 kits bought this week), but I just feel I'm in a build slump.
I know that surely most of us here have gone through slumps like this from time to time. How do you help yourselves work though it?

I WANT MY MOJO BACK!
DesTROYer

Re: Has anyone seen my Mojo?

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:59 pm

I'm hearing you buddy! I lost my mojo after finishing my 1/32 F-105 - could not and was not remotely interested at even glancing at the modelling bench for over a year! It took me some time to slowly get back into the groove. I take my hat off to you regarding a commission build - I could not do this. I hardly have enough tome for my own modelling, let alone building something for someone else.
Similar thing happened to me with flying. I was in a syndicate with two other guys and we ended up having a big row over getting a new propeller (one guy was the issue - a French a/hole developer a/hole, who liked being part of the syndicate but was too chicken shit to fly it!!!!). It all went to crap with the aeroplane being grounded for a long time, further devaluing it. So, we ended up selling it for a song, as the new owner had to buy a new propeller, get the engine stripped, checked and re-built plus doing the "Annual" inspection - in a nutshell a lot of money had to be spent. So, all that really killed my desire to go flying and it's only slowly returning now.

So, all I can offer is perhaps find something simple and quick to build that you are passionate about - this may help.

Cheers & keep the faith!

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:17 pm

Go build a quick and easy Tamigawa kit OOB with no AM shit. Don't sweat any inaccuracies or that kind of stuff. Build it for the fun of seeing it completed. Seeing it done on the shelf might just do the trick :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:14 pm

i lost mine for a few weeks last year(2014 expo was a prick for me)...i couldnt even look at the two kits i was working on :shock: ..i know you have a deadline and that wont help you,but once this is done maybe take a rest or even find something from left field(my velociraptor did wonders for my mojo)
oz rb fan

Postby DesTROYer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:54 pm

Even though over three and a bit weeks on holidays I only could muster two afternoons of modelling, Since I have returned to work, my Mojo has made a return.

Work on the Hercules has progressed a fair bit. Why just today I fixed up the top and bottom seams and put it in primer. Looking great too.

And then Friday night, I got home from work and whipped up this guy.

Its the 1/12 Bandai kit and is an awesome build. So easy, and no glue or paint required. Though I have repainted the blaster and stun batten to match the screen versions.
DesTROYer

Postby DesTROYer » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:00 pm

Oh, this is what I worked on during those two afternoons of holidays inspiration.

She was already assembled, and had been residing on the shelf of doom for 4 years, and just needed a paint. Was feeling really lazy, so I painted it with a hairy stick as cleaning airbrushes was enough to turn me off doing anything.

Still plenty more star wars kits in the stash, too.
DesTROYer

Postby tor lives » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:34 pm

Good to see ya back in the game, and back on the site Troy. You have been very busy by the looks. Love seeing the X-Wing and Viper together, (reckon the Viper would kick X-Wing arse in a dog-fight). Glad you got the old mojo back, (just make sure you don't touch a Broplan kit or you could loose it again).
TOR
PS: I hear ya about the airbrush cleaning.
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:45 am

Hey Troy

Glad to see you're back with your Mojo! Hey, what did you think of the latest Star Wars movie - I loved it! I've been to those rocks in the very last scene - stood where Luke stood! The Skellig's are truly a amazing place. I think quite a bit of the filming was done in Ireland by the look. I also need your support to give HRT Paul more shit over the F-35. We must educate him on the 35 as he just doesn't get it yet! :D

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:35 pm

^^^^^^ wanker :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:20 pm

You two play nice.....don't make me come back there :D
TOR
tor lives

Next

Return to Crew Lounge