Steroid injection into right hip this morning.

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Steroid injection into right hip this morning.

Postby RHB785 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:06 am

:(, Sitting here at 0dark oclock (0506 actually) in quite a bit of pain from a trochanteric bursitis of the right hip despite a couple of panadeine fortes at midnight. Had an X-ray on Tuesday and was sent home for the day then have 3 days rostered off and had an ultra sound yesterday which confirmed the initial diagnosis. Not looking forward to this today as some people I've spoken to reckon it's not too bad and some say it's 15 on the 0-10 pain scale even though they deaden the skin then inject xylocaine as a local anesthetic then inject the steroid, probably cortazone. Reminds me of that Mr. Bean episode where he goes to the dentist and while the dentist's out answering a phone call Mr. Bean manages to inject himself and then the returning dentist. Maybe I should think of that gag while they're doing all this procedure. While the young sonographer was doing the ultrasound yesterday she decided to do a comparison sounding; right hip compared to left. She had me almost crying with pain when she sounded the right hip and in stitches of laughter when she sounded the left hip it tickled so much.

Regards,
RHB.
Last edited by RHB785 on Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RHB785

Re: Steroid injection into rigt hip this morning.

Postby tor lives » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:44 am

All the best mate.
TOR
tor lives

Postby RHB785 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:07 am

Many thanks Ray. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:55 am

Hope it goes well mate :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:41 am

Hey Ross

Hang in there and hope this treatment sorts you out. This is interesting in that I've been getting a right hip ache of late - just thinking I'm getting old and is aggravated by tennis which I play once a week. I was thinking I was just getting a bit arthritic, but maybe it's this inflammation (Googled your affliction). It is a lateral ache - on the outside of the hip itself.

Don't like the sound of those nasty big needles - OUCH! Look, after this I think you should head down to your nearest hobby shop any buy a nice big 1/32 kit! :D

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby RHB785 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:29 am

:D, Thank you Adam. It turned out to be more of a tendonitis but the steroid injection gave me instant relief (well, within about 30 seconds anyway). I've been given at least 2 more days off and I'm under strict orders to rest. It's still a little sore but nowhere near as painful as it was last night. I got no sleep because no matter what position I was in, sitting, standing or lying I got about 10 seconds worth of comfortable ease initially then the pain returned.

I think I've got enough large 1/72 scale kits to last me a lifetime and then some. How does Trumpeter Tu-16, Tu-95, Tu-142 and Tu-160 sound. Then there's the Monogram B-52 and B-36 and numerous other large kits of large birds. Even in 1/72 they're large kits. Several Hercs, Roden An-12, Amodel An-26, Airfix Fokker F-27, Heller 707, the Italeri SM.82 Marsupiale, a couple of B-24s and the old Matchbox Privateer. Then there's the Contrail H.P. 42 and B-32, ICM Tupolev TB-3 etc and on and on the list goes. I'd never have enough room for a collection of 1/32 kits; heck I don't even have enough room for my collection of 1/72 kits if they were all built.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Return to Crew Lounge