I HATE Hackers

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

I HATE Hackers

Postby tor lives » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:46 pm

Hi guys,
OK so the site has been down about a day due to dickhead hackers. Thanks to Melbourne IT and their tech support guys for getting us up and running again, especially on a Sunday.....big 'thumbs up" guys!!! :D
TOR
tor lives

Re: I HATE Hackers

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:54 pm

Great work Ray and Melbourne IT *cue clapping emoticon*
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby kfutter » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:07 pm

Glad to see there was no permanent damage Ray - either to the site or yourself! We just had a 7-hour outage ourselves at LSP, thanks to our stupid host removing the DNS entry for the forums.

Kev
kfutter

Postby tor lives » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:35 pm

kfutter wrote:Glad to see there was no permanent damage Ray - either to the site or yourself! We just had a 7-hour outage ourselves at LSP, thanks to our stupid host removing the DNS entry for the forums.

Kev

I saw that Kev.....interesting weekend for both LSP and A/CAM. Hopefully neither site will have these events occur again.
TOR
tor lives

Postby tor lives » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:57 am

OK guys,
There still appears to be a technical issue with most areas of the site. You may notice that when on the "Home" page and trying to access all other tabs, (except the "Forums" tab thankfully), an "Error 404" message appears. This has been reported and is currently under review and investigation. This may well be as a result of the recent site hacking.
As the "Forums" seem to be the only part of the site that is routinely used by the regulars A/CAM membership, (makes me wonder why I am paying for all the other features :D ), this issue does not appear to have had to much of a negative impact on A/CAMers to this point.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:49 am

Swinish behaviour by some pimple faced nerd with no life I suspect.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:49 pm

OK folks.....we are still having significant issues accessing other areas of the site. This is being worked on by our Melbourne IT tech support team, but it is a slow and laborious process. Due to the severity of the recent hacking incident, what is required is effectively a "back of house" complete site rebuild....tab by tab :? . Fortunately the A/CAM forum is unaffected due to it being a stand-alone site "add on", that is used under license from phpBB, (geez...am I glad I went this way with the forum, or otherwise the site as a whole would be currently "dead in the water").
I will advise when the rest of the site is back up and functioning. Thanks for your patience and please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:24 pm

Great work man :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:46 pm

OK folks....well it looks like all Site tabs are functioning again, (thanks Melbourne IT). Could everyone give em a crack so that I know with certainty that we have fixed the problems.
Thanks
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:50 pm

They seem alright to me :)
hrtpaul

Next

Return to Crew Lounge