Benevolence - or ulterior motives ?

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Benevolence - or ulterior motives ?

Postby Nicolas_Fantich » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:42 pm

Facebook's building a comms drone to facilitate internet access in remote areas.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2 ... boeing-737

I wonder who is going to provide the ground stations/individual satphone/modems ?

And what of the 'likes' and connections that FB will learn of about people in remote areas ?
Nicolas

On the Bench
1/144 Academy Douglas DC-6B - Adria Airways YU-AFF
1/48 Revell North American P-51D Mustang 'Miss America'
1/72 Airfix North American P-51D (Cavalier) Mustang N51RH
1/72 Airfix North American P-51D Mustang N64CL 'Miss Van Nuys'
Nicolas_Fantich

Re: Benevolence - or ulterior motives ?

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:37 pm

My money's on ulterior motives. You can't do much these days without having a facebook presence, and privacy is non-existent. I killed my facebook account, and refuse to go near it anymore because I couldn't hide it from the general populace any more.
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Re: Benevolence - or ulterior motives ?

Postby RHB785 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:12 pm

Doesn't the private function work anymore damo? I thought there was a function that allowed only your friends to see what you'd written if you selected it. Has that gone west? What a shame if it has. A friend of mine had her sign up refused because face book reckoned her name was a fictitious one and refused her entry. She has now got onto FB using her business name but according to Zuckerberg and co, Malabula, Tanilba Bay and the Tilligerry Peninsula don't exist. Only Port Stevens exists and that's a huge area. She can't narrow her locality down any more than that but she has gotten a few new clients out of it through her mobile number being in the ad. Personally, I think Zuckerberg and co need to edumbcate themselves a little more.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Return to Crew Lounge