Thought Paul (HRT) would like this!!

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Thought Paul (HRT) would like this!!

Postby tor lives » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:12 pm

His beloved F-4 still kicking arse after four decades.
http://www.businessinsider.com.au/irans ... 4s-2014-12
I am sure even the Americans would get a certain satisfaction out of knowing that the ol F-4 is pounding the crap out of those ISIS bastards....I know it makes me feel good. Good on the Iranians for putting their F-4s to exceptionally good use!!!
Take that ISIS....if it were up to me we would be nuking your crazy arses off the face of the earth.....one flash and ISIS is ash :D !!!
TOR
tor lives

Re: Thought Paul (HRT) would like this!!

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:50 pm

And don't they look mean as ***k in that scheme. I plan to do 1of my 1/32 F-4E's in this scheme (Asia Minor). Hasegawa released a 1/72 boxing with the scheme so I bought it so I can scale the decals up for it as there's no 1/32 decals available. This is 1 of my favourite F-4 paint jobs and I'd love to travel to Iran to see them in action. Though this is probably not the best idea being a westerner and all :cry: :cry: :cry:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby DesTROYer » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:01 pm

hrtpaul wrote:And don't they look mean as ***k in that scheme. I plan to do 1of my 1/32 F-4E's in this scheme (Asia Minor). Hasegawa released a 1/72 boxing with the scheme so I bought it so I can scale the decals up for it as there's no 1/32 decals available. This is 1 of my favourite F-4 paint jobs and I'd love to travel to Iran to see them in action. Though this is probably not the best idea being a westerner and all :cry: :cry: :cry:

Grow a beard and say Aloha Snackbar a lot. You'll be right. Security can't be any worse for you than Expo.
DesTROYer

Postby tor lives » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:05 pm

hrtpaul wrote:I'd love to travel to Iran to see them in action. Though this is probably not the best idea being a westerner and all :cry: :cry: :cry:

I would just love to see the look on the faces of those "brave" ISIS fighters as the black smoke trails of the screaming F-4s approach them at a great rate of knots .....you can run boys, but you will only die tired :lol: . I think my intense dislike for ISIS is starting to show.
I wish I could see the Iranian Air force 707s and 747s in action. Their 747s are the oldest of the type anywhere in the world but, all credit to the Iranians, they are still very much operational and going strong, (must be a bitch trying to get parts for those JT9s though).
TOR
tor lives

Postby tor lives » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:15 pm

DesTROYer wrote: Security can't be any worse for you than Expo.

:lol: :lol:
Yep....what will our poor little security dude do this year, now that Paul is not around to keep him busy??
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:05 pm

That's a pretty amusing story :D, but I have no problem with the Iranians using their F-4s to take out those ISIS bastards.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Nicolas_Fantich » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:52 pm

Wasn't too long ago we didn't fancy the Iranians. Remember 'the axis of evil' ? F*ckin' hilarious. We put money and arms into those who oppose the Syrian regime, and now we have an outfit who want their own glory. I'll have a 'snackbar' any day over a BigMac :lol: Well it is the Crew Lounge isn't it ? Rant off.

Seriously, to bring this thread back on track, I picked up a Hasegawa 1/72 Iranian F-4E in the 2012 'Limited Edition' boxing recently which actually includes the 'shark mouth' decals for $40. It was in the 'bargain bin' in the LHS, marked down from some ridiculously expensive amount.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10182903b/30/1

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10182903n/40/1
Nicolas

On the Bench
1/144 Academy Douglas DC-6B - Adria Airways YU-AFF
1/48 Revell North American P-51D Mustang 'Miss America'
1/72 Airfix North American P-51D (Cavalier) Mustang N51RH
1/72 Airfix North American P-51D Mustang N64CL 'Miss Van Nuys'
Nicolas_Fantich

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Troy - Beard done. Just need to brush up on my accent ;) Oh and I told security I was coming. I described to them what I look like and that'd I'd deny I was Paul Harrison vehemently. Funny thing is I described to them what you look like. Enjoy your weekend Troy old buddy :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

TOR - See previous comment re what the security guard will be up to ;) I think a Troy denying he's me till he's blue in the face will keep rent-a-cop busy enough :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: The Iranians are very good at reverse engineering parts for their planes as well as obtaining them on the black market.

Nicholas - That's the kit I have. I also picked it up for nowhere near retail. Prices on Hasegawa kits are f*&king ridiculous

And on a final note, F-4's in action after all these years smashing Daesh, get some 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:12 pm

P.S. Ray I sent you a text message re my pink Mustang :)
hrtpaul

Next

Return to Crew Lounge