time for some fun: 2016 predictions

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: time for some fun: 2016 predictions

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:08 pm

Keep dreaming mate. It'll never be a Torana or Monaro or any other great Holden name. If they wanna import this shit then import a freakin name for it as well instead of tarnishing the great Holden names of past.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:11 pm

hrtpaul wrote:Keep dreaming mate. It'll never be a Torana or Monaro or any other great Holden name. If they wanna import this shit then import a freakin name for it as well instead of tarnishing the great Holden names of past.

Actually....you are dead right on all counts Paul, and I have no argument.
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:42 pm

holden did a strike me pink torana concept a few years ago,with almost an identical mechanical package as the buick.........no problems with the new import sedan being called commodore?

here's the torana http://www.holden.com.au/about/gallery/ ... 1703035446
oz rb fan

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:24 am

oz rb fan wrote:holden did a strike me pink torana concept a few years ago,with almost an identical mechanical package as the buick.........no problems with the new import sedan being called commodore?

here's the torana http://www.holden.com.au/about/gallery/ ... 1703035446

Yep the new sedan shouldn't be named Commodore. End of story. That "Torana" was designed here and would've been built here. NOT IMPORTED SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:49 am

You know commodore is an opel name?......
oz rb fan

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:59 am

Always thought you "Holden" people get pretty hot and bothered! Pretty passionate bunch aren't ya!

I think we all just have to realise and accept that we ain't in Oz any longer. The one saving grace for Ford is the Mustang. Don't know who would buy the 4-cyl version, but the GT looks awesome and is very good value for money - I think anyway.

Was there talk of the Corvette coming here? GM-H must have some kind of plan for Bathurst - not even sure if it would be deemed OK for the Corvette to race there. I know all you Holden mob will go "BOO!", but I do think it will be brilliant to see a read Mustang Fastback race around Bathurst again.

This is just one of the hottest meanest looking race cars I've ever seen!

Adam the Akrodude

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:22 pm

oz rb fan wrote:You know commodore is an opel name?......

Well aware of that mate and I was waiting for that comment. But quite frankly it's got f&*k all to do with it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: The Commodore has been an Aussie manufactured car for years and trying to flog that name on a shitbox "hero" car is a load of shit. Adam I do accept that mate but if you'd CAREFULLY read my posts I said NOTHING about not being Aussie only. I am merely saying tarnishing the great Holden names by putting them on some alleged import shitbox is bullshit :x :x :x :x As for the new Mustang, having seen one Saturday night it appears ford US imported stylists from ford Australia that worked on the AU Falcon. It looks like a half sucked lollipop that's been in the gutter on a main road for a few days. Not a fan at all but then anything after the '67 looks like shit if you ask me. Now you lot can come up with all the crap you want but you've got more chance of convincing me the F-35 is a worthwhile investment than changing my mind on the Holden name debarcle. Now I'm gonna got out to my shed and look at a couple of REAL Holdens 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:24 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
oz rb fan wrote:You know commodore is an opel name?......

Well aware of that mate and I was waiting for that comment. But quite frankly it's got f&*k all to do with it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: The Commodore has been an Aussie manufactured car for years and trying to flog that name on a shitbox "hero" car is a load of shit. Adam I do accept that mate but if you'd CAREFULLY read my posts I said NOTHING about not being Aussie only. I am merely saying tarnishing the great Holden names by putting them on some alleged import shitbox is bullshit :x :x :x :x As for the new Mustang, having seen one Saturday night it appears ford US imported stylists from ford Australia that worked on the AU Falcon. It looks like a half sucked lollipop that's been in the gutter on a main road for a few days. Not a fan at all but then anything after the '67 looks like shit if you ask me. Now you lot can come up with all the crap you want but you've got more chance of convincing me the F-35 is a worthwhile investment than changing my mind on the Holden name debarcle. Now I'm gonna got out to my shed and look at a couple of REAL Holdens 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Dude, you need your eyes tested! Here's some post 67' beauties!

Can't you at least move your fav car period up to 69 at least? I've given up trying to convince you of the merits of the F-35. It's a happening thing and the users love it - that's all that matters. I stand by my comment - your Holden aficionado's are a sensitive bunch! Can't blame you at all though - Ford & GM have given a huge "up yours" to Australia - thanks a lot! :evil: I do hope for Holden fanatics that something decent comes to this country at a decent price for you all. Sadly, the world in general ain't as cool as it used to be (music, aeroplanes, cars, etc, etc).
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:11 pm

Just to slam dunk my argument that some nice cars were made after 67, here is my final evidence - surely HRT Paul you must agree this is a fine looking automobile! :D

Apparently, university tests have shown that 4 out of 5 F-4 aircrew believe the Pontiac GTO is alright! :D

Adam the Akrodude

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:13 pm

Paul, then you also know.......only one commodore was totally designed here.......and it's not any of yours :o .....the vn is a widened opel omega......but at least it has a REAL holden engine..
oz rb fan

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge