time for some fun: 2016 predictions

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: time for some fun: 2016 predictions

Postby oz rb fan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:36 pm

ok.....2016 prediction...........if this next bit doesnt go down well i'll be banned :o :lol:

so,holden hero car's cant be non V8's.......CRAP......i'll name 4

EH-S4...the start of holden homoligation specials.......special HP 179...big fuel tank,a 3.55 to 1 diff...the first holden production car to be able to do 100 MPH...126 built thought to be 11 left...built to win it's class at the Armstrong 500.

HR X2 ...186 special cam.twin stromgberg carbs,factory header's(different to the later 186 s) making 145 hp(not to bad for 1965)

LC gtr xu1...186,even bigger cam triple side draught stromberg carbs, making 160 hp...4 speed box....and replacement for the 350 gts as holden race package(and thorn in the side of GTHO phase 2's)

LJ gtr xu1......202...bigger cam again,bigger side draught stromberg carbs 190 hp...close ratio M21 4 speed box....very successful race car(brocks first bathurst winner...also used as a rally car)

Paul i wasn't using the VL turbe as an import car(though it did have a Japanese heart...the same bottom end as the nissan GTR by coinsidence),,,as for going around corner's it did very well in series production.

i'm not against V8' as a whole it just piss's me off when people say are the one and only was to performance...they are awesome as long distance tourer's(the thing that the HG350 GTS excelled at(much better than a GTHO phase 3
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:55 pm

oz rb fan wrote:ok.....2016 prediction...........if this next bit doesnt go down well i'll be banned :o :lol:

so,holden hero car's cant be non V8's.......CRAP......

Paul, ya don't get banned from this site for having an opinion mate.......maybe other sites, but not this one :D
Seriously though.....if it's not a big V8 it's just not in the same league. All legitimate "hero" cars ARE in fact V8s :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:18 pm

thanks TOR...

but thats like saying Ferrari's are the only super car(they're not even the fastest these days) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ironically the first 4 bathurst's were won by 4 cylinders......63/64/65 cortina's...66 mini :o :shock:

i've just done a little searching.......the buick is almost the exact same wheel base as the 4 series BMW......maybe it wont be the next monaro........torana maybe? :twisted: ...it's smaller than the next comodore.
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:37 pm

oz rb fan wrote:the buick is almost the exact same wheel base as the 4 series BMW......maybe it wont be the next monaro........torana maybe? .

I could live with that as a compromise.
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:46 pm

i'm not sure Paul will be able to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
oz rb fan

Postby Wedgetail » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:30 am

Oz I had one of those HD X2's which I think was Holden's first dabble in gaining extra horsepower, same engine mods as the HR and I only recently found out that the HD versions are collectors cars.
Someone collected mine by knicking it and destroying it which didn't take much as rust had invaded the old girl everywhere. As I found out one day when I put my tool box in the boot and it kept going, all the way to the ground.
That's what happens to cars when you live in the tropics and your vehicle gets flooded out regularly.

The quickest car I ever owned was an EH Ute, 179 out to 192, triple webers and the cost of the space station thrown at it, 13's over the quarter but that's another story.
Best old Humpy Holden I used to love was Ron Harrops.....Harrops Howler possibly still the quickest normal aspirated 6 cylinder Humpy over the quarter........memories and I wonder why I was always broke.

Cheers
Wayne
Wedgetail

Postby oz rb fan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi Wedgetail
i think we all have many reasons why we were broke.....mine involved smaller but no less potent cars
my first car was a datsun 1600 with a 180b sss motor...unfortunately crasned that after 9 months :cry:

my second car was the start of what seem's like a life time obsession
a very early TX gemini,it was later fitted with a hot 2 litre engine built by a former group C gemini racer.it would run 14.9's at calder all night (ran a 13.9 with a 5th wheel test set up once) had the full suspension out of the HDT built isuzu ZZ/R race car(all gone back into the restored race car)

then my Italian affair..an alfa 1750 GTV....worked 2 litre high comp pistons lapped winton (old circuit) in around a 1minute 12

and my hidden treasure the former Country Dealer Team Isuzu PF60 bathurst car...it will one day tread the tracks again 8-)

and now models....no wonder i'm broke
oz rb fan

Postby Wedgetail » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Oz, nice looking Isuzu you've got there as was the Alfa GTV which really was the pick of the bunch way back then.
We must have similar tastes as I had a Datsun 1600 which was kitted out with a heap of rally gear, much fun to drive on the marbles and usually not in the direction I wanted to go in.
My main obsession is motor cycles, lost count of what I've owned and ridden but I still regret selling on my Ducati 600 Pantah which had many modifications and the exhaust note was heaven.
The other regret was not hanging onto my Kawasaki GPZ as well. My body reminds me every day of my time spent as a youngster even though I wish to ride again SWMBO wants to keep me out of harms way.

Cheers
Wayne
Wedgetail

Postby hrtpaul » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:57 pm

oz rb fan wrote:torana maybe?

GET F&%#ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:05 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
oz rb fan wrote:torana maybe?

GET F&%#ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better that than Monaro :D
TOR
tor lives

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge