GM Opel "GT" 1.0 litre sports car

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: GM Opel "GT" 1.0 litre sports car

Postby hrtpaul » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:33 pm

You know what you can do with your snotbox alfa don't ya :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And on your note about what can and can't run in Touring Car Masters and especially that apparently I couldn't run my LX hatch, oh how I beg to differ my friend. Read and learn old boy 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

From Wikipedia
"The Touring Car Masters is an Australian motor racing series open to modified touring cars manufactured between 1 January 1963 and 31 December 1976."

From the TCM website
"Touring Car Masters is Australia’s top series for Historic Touring Cars from the classic period of muscle car competition between 1964 and 1976."

Boom. I can in fact run MY hatch as it's a 76 model LX SS. Told ya the concept was easy mate 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) Hmmmmm I really should've put a little wager on that *cue smug as f*&k look*
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: GM Opel "GT" 1.0 litre sports car

Postby oz rb fan » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:24 pm

well.....i always thought the lx came out in 77...i stand corrected....but it may mean you have to run drum brakes as the A9X certainly wasn't homiligated till 1977........and if they can be run......i wonder why no one has?.......maybe the 4 door in non A9X trim handless better.....cant imagine John Bowe driving a lesser performing car :o
and like me...you dont have a hope of building a touring car masters car up.............you would need $200k+

and you call your self a car guy.........one with blinkers on maybe.......there is more to the world of cars than v8's :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

you know that most people look at the greatest period of touring car racing as being the Goup c period...1973 till 1984.........there were a hell of alot of NON V8's running in that time....everyting from corrollas and BMW's(that in 1983 someone poured sugar in the tank of because it was a major threat to the falcons and commodores) to a V12 jag...the lap record for the old bathurst circuit is held by a tiny 4 cyl nissan bluebird.....it was the combination of all class's that made bathurst great not like the nascars of today.

i'd be very happy to have another 1750 GTV....a true GT car. 8-) 8-) 8-)

oh as someone told me the other week....the fishing is great here!!!! :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and remember i do own a piece of bathurst history.....just need money to bring it back to it's former beauty :twisted:
oz rb fan

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge