Tigermoth flight

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Tigermoth flight

Postby tor lives » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:34 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:I notice she's also carrying the Wards logo on the cowl. I'd say QANTAS is on the top surface of the both wings, too. Definitely on the RH wing..

Yep....I reckon you are correct Dammo. Having a close look at the available photos, I can see what appears to be "Qantas" on both upper wing surfacers. Don't know where I am going to get the "Wards" logo from. I have some for a 1:48 Lear 35, but they are a little to large for the Tiger.
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:03 pm

With the Wards logos, scan them and resize them. That'll do the trick :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:39 pm

hrtpaul wrote:They look cool mate. I've never rigged a plane before either but much like my fear of Alclad which I've overcome, I'm just gonna jump straight in and give it a crack. If the thread I've queried Eric about is the stuff he used in his build I'll be getting some. @ 200m a roll I'll give ya some as I won't need that much even if I do stuff up heaps LOL BTW Eric's awesome build can be found here http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8191

Just been reading Capt Eric's linked Tiger build article. Very engaging and informative!!!! If I could build my 1:32 Tiger to half that standard I would be happy. Still totally perplexed by the rigging though. As you say Paul, the best thing to do would be to just jump in and give it a crack.
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:31 am

I think I've got my head around how Eric rigged his Tiger. I've already got some Bob's Buckles eyelets coming. Next on the shopping list is some Airscale 1/32 WW2 cockpit instrument decals. Bloody hell this project is costing me a fortune :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by hrtpaul on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:37 am

BTW if anyone wants detail pics let me know as I have heaps 8-) Obviously they are AMY specific and it's a little different to other some Tiger's (no slats for example) :)
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:42 pm

I have now spent more than the purchase price of the kit. Airscale instrument decals and bezels as well as Gas Patch turnbuckles have been bought. As far as seatbelts go, I'll wait till I get home cos I have a cunning plan to use some Eduard racing car belts. More bloody $$$$$ :)
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:33 pm

That sounds about right Paul when building anything large or 1/32 scale as a rule of thumb! Sounds like you're almost ready to start. ;)

I cannot put in print just how much I spent on AM bits for the 105, 262, Su-27 and recently the A-26A Counter Invader, F-104and even the "little" 1/48 T-28D. If my wife somehow found out - it's curtains fellas! I'm a total sucker for this model "bling". :roll:

You're doing the right thing Paul, but I am supremely biased. Large scale demands more detail, otherwise it will look like a toy.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:45 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote: Large scale demands more detail, otherwise it will look like a toy.

Great :roll:
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:24 pm

I'll be doing the 1/72 one first. Got a few other things (Argy Skyhawk, Macchi Racer, Ki-27) to deal with before I start the big one. I haven't spent more than I normally do just cos the Tiger is bigger. There's just not the aftermarket stuff out there for this kit which is good cos it'll force me to do stuff I've never done before. Really looking forward to it :)
hrtpaul

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:38 am

I gotta wait 8 more sleeps till I can start the little Tiger GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
hrtpaul

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge