Avalon 2015

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Avalon 2015

Postby tor lives » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:57 pm

Hi folks,
On behalf of all of us who couldn't make it this year, thanks so much for everyone's Avalon contributions........very much appreciated!!! :D
Clearly there has been some controversy and not just with the WW1 stuff, I believe there is also a major issue with the RAAF/Temora Sabre.
Thanks for those great photos Troy.....makes me feel like I was there.
Interesting shots of your model room, but I am most concerned about the ability of the A-10 to recovery from that very steep dive, (the A-10 driver clearly thinks he is flying a Stuka!!!!)
TOR
tor lives

Postby Knotty » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:37 pm

The RAAF / Temora Sabre will now be grounded apparently, the ejection seat company will no longer support these older style bang seats , and the RAAF will not allow the aircraft to be operated without one . They are looking at options apparently . Hopefully they will sort something out !!
Knotty

Postby DesTROYer » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:37 pm

tor lives wrote:Interesting shots of your model room, but I am most concerned about the ability of the A-10 to recovery from that very steep dive, (the A-10 driver clearly thinks he is flying a Stuka!!!!)
TOR

BRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP
DesTROYer

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:38 pm

i'm glad i got to go on the Friday and Saturday...for me the ww1 display was one of the major highlights of the show....i liked the Black Knights even with the over the top commentary.
i hope that the problems can be fixed t and that they can return,
here's a few of mine

overall a pretty good show...especially the WW1 stuff
oz rb fan

Postby Tony P » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Nice pics there. Thanks for sharing.

Due to the rain overnight, Avalon grass areas and Avalon East were closed via NOTAM at 8.30am Sunday morning and for the whole day. Apparently a lot of lighties had to turn back. Also heard the WW1 guys said they wouldn't fly if they all couldn't take off. A few of them couldn't use the sealed runway due to their wooden tail skids. These ones use the grass and on Saturday were landing into the wind. Haven't heard any controversy about it.

May have Saturday but one poor old Cherokee lost a main wheel on take off!

here's a small vid from Friday.
http://youtu.be/owvCWvpufaY
You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:31 am

Wow CASA going off half cocked without a bloody clue of what they're f*&^ing on about. And now for something completely different. I see it time and time again. They screw with shit they have no idea about and everyone has to pick up their shit. If you're reading this CASA, I'd suggest a lot of retraining for the monkeys you call inspectors cos they sure as hell need it. Might be time for some new blood cos the crap there at the moment seems rather "stale". End of rant for now *mooning CASA* (don't have a mooning smiley)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:46 pm

How's this for a doozy lads! I heard that at the previous Avalon two years ago, US aerobatics pilot Skip Stewart was breathalysed on the ramp by CASA just prior to his display - how's that! He was pretty upset as you may imagine! This sort of flying involves intense concentration and focus. You need to be going through your mind again and again the sequence of the display, so when a CASA inspector comes along and says - "blow into this", it would kind of destroy one's focus. This was why Skip's Pitts was not parked down near the flight line in front of the crowds, which was sad. Jurgis with his Juka was also not down there as well - wonder if for the same reason. I also heard CASA canned Skip's solo routine. I was hoping that Jurgis may do a solo routine in his Juka, but no joy.

I had a ramp check at Avalon East once years ago and the CASA inspector was totally officious - Gestapo like in fact. My passengers were wondering what the hell was going on. Not a pleasant way to start a day at the airshow.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi guys,
So......if ya wonder why I have not been around much lately, I been doing my CASA selection interviews :?
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:57 pm

tor lives wrote:Hi guys,
So......if ya wonder why I have not been around much lately, I been doing my CASA selection interviews :?
TOR

Hope you can afford the lobotomy mate :P :P :P :P :P :P
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:02 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
tor lives wrote:Hi guys,
TOR

Hope you can afford the lobotomy mate :P :P :P :P :P :P

:D .....if I get the job, I think it's tax deductible :lol:
TOR
tor lives

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge