time for some fun: 2016 predictions

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: time for some fun: 2016 predictions

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:46 pm

oz rb fan wrote:they seem to scare the crap out of Porsche owners for a fraction of the money :lol: :lol:
...oh and in standard form faster than most of the above....helcats and shelby aside.......and they wont catch a gtr around,nurburgring
'''but i digress...the rumour mill has HRT testing a twin turbo 6 for post 2017 super cars....and looks like ford wont even front up unless roger penski can convince ford US to get involved ...so the buick above may well be the new hero of GM racing in OZ
oz rb fan

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:55 am

To be a 'hero' car it actually has to be popular and I hate to tell ya but a turbo 6 ain't popular with Holden fans after having V8's all these years. I guess it's just another way for the soft cock younger generation to be an even bigger bunch of blouses than they already are. End of rant
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:37 am

oz rb fan wrote:
oz rb fan wrote:they seem to scare the crap out of Porsche owners for a fraction of the money :lol: :lol:
...oh and in standard form faster than most of the above....helcats and shelby aside.......and they wont catch a gtr around,nurburgring
'''but i digress...the rumour mill has HRT testing a twin turbo 6 for post 2017 super cars....and looks like ford wont even front up unless roger penski can convince ford US to get involved ...so the buick above may well be the new hero of GM racing in OZ

The words "V6 Buick" and "Hero Car" are really not synonymous with one and other in any context or arena unfortunately.
I consider myself ya typical GM Holden V8 fan and regardless of how it is talked up, a 6 cylinder Buick just doesn't excite me. As that legend Doctor Phil would say "you can put lip stick on a pig but it is still a pig". Dressing up a 6 cylinder Buick and trying to pass it off as "high performance" car just doesn't cut it. All power to Ford for realising this.
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:01 am

Well your choice is likely to either be the buick, or to be honest the more likely next generation commodore.......4 cylinder or V6...and front wheel drive or all wheel drive.......if the court case going on in the US goes badly for GM.....you will be lucky to get the buick.......
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:21 am

oz rb fan wrote:Well your choice is likely to either be the buick, or to be honest the more likely next generation commodore.......4 cylinder or V6...and front wheel drive or all wheel drive.......if the court case going on in the US goes badly for GM.....you will be lucky to get the buick.......

It would appear to me that my choice is a Dodge Challenger or a V8 Mustang. As I have said before, if GM can't get their shit together and come up up with a descent high performance offering, than it is time for this little rev head to change camps. And I imagine I will not be the only one.
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:36 am

GM's biggest problem isnt Australia im sorry to say we are a tiny drop in the ocean....there is a court case about to start in the US, if they loose that they may struggle to build anything...........could cost them billions...much more than the VW case.

if the buick goes into production id be amazed if it doesnt have a V8 down track.
oz rb fan

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:36 am

Hey Paul - didn't know about the GM law suits - is this the ignition system thing? WTF is wrong with car manufacturers - first VW spinning bullshit and now this. Designing/building/selling crap products is a flawed strategy. You may fool the punters once, but they will never buy that product again. Ford Australia thinking it's hunky dory to under-engineer the Territory was a mistake with 30% having suspension issues - WTF is that about? Cutting on quality ends up costing far far more in the long run.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:42 am

tor lives wrote:
oz rb fan wrote:Well your choice is likely to either be the buick, or to be honest the more likely next generation commodore.......4 cylinder or V6...and front wheel drive or all wheel drive.......if the court case going on in the US goes badly for GM.....you will be lucky to get the buick.......

It would appear to me that my choice is a Dodge Challenger or a V8 Mustang. As I have said before, if GM can't get their shit together and come up up with a descent high performance offering, than it is time for this little rev head to change camps. And I imagine I will not be the only one.
TOR

TOR, I am your father - come to the Dark Side! :twisted: First it was 1/32 racers and now how about your very own GT Mustang - c'mon, you know you really want one!

It won't sound as good as a 5.0l Mustang as it's a V6 (twin turbo though), but here's another interesting Ford GT. Seems Ford USA still likes giving a "up yours" to Ferrari!

Adam the Akrodude

Postby Wedgetail » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:45 pm

Ray & Paul, I agree that the sound of a V8 is heaven, especially a AA/Fueller.

But I like the idea of driving a 'sleeper' especially something like in the following,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szk2siJHJ7o

From others this thing is a daily driver as well, change of tyres to radials for the street, but even on them it can humiliate most others. :o
One of the nicest 'sleepers' I've seen was in Vancouver. A Morris Minor 1000 powered by a 350 Chev, flip front body work and huge grooved slicks and all street legal.

Back when JC played half back for Jerusalem, I had the pleasure or terror of punting a Goggomobile Dart with a side valve V8 and Ford box and rear end, that was fun but totally terrifying.

Wayne
Wedgetail

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:16 pm

Wedgie, that is totally wicked! A Goggomobile Dart with a Ford side valve V8 - AWESOME! I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy! :D
Adam the Akrodude

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge