GM Opel "GT" 1.0 litre sports car

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: GM Opel "GT" 1.0 litre sports car

Postby hrtpaul » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Last time I checked neither does any of my cars :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:24 pm

if you want V8's make them good ones.....the mighty 308/304.......the cast iron small block chev....or the true LS7 big block.......or the all conquering 426 hemi chrysler 8-) 8-) 8-)

i have learnt alot in research today......top fuelers are more impressive than i ever thought...1000 hp per litre :o ...very nice......but turbo F1's did that in the 1980's..........i think i'm happy with what i have.
oz rb fan

Postby oz rb fan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:30 pm

hrtpaul wrote:Last time I checked neither does any of my cars :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

so you have one of the good ls1's.....so many didn't....your holden v8s are fine.
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:42 pm

All I know is that my next big beastie will either be this:
or this:
Both are big, kick-arse, bad-attitude, thumping V8s......for me there is no substitute
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:32 pm

i hope you get your chance.....i've seen the price of converted camaro's........i paid less for my first two houses!!!!!!...i really hope someone brings then in legit.....come on chrysler 8-) 8-) 8-)

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oz rb fan

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:46 am

oz rb fan wrote:i hope you get your chance.....i've seen the price of converted camaro's........i paid less for my first two houses!!!!!!...i really hope someone brings then in legit.....come on chrysler 8-) 8-) 8-)

I did read somewhere that Chrysler is considering some kind of muscle car for RHD markets. They know we're a country full of knuckle dragging petrol heads (myself included!). I think the issue is that the Challenger is LHD only at this stage. Ford has the Stang, GM has some P.O.S 6-cyl which will not go down well at all the Holden V-8 lovers, so there is most definitely an opening for Chrysler. I'm not going to waste my time looking at them but I reckon it must be interesting what is being said in GMH forums regarding the 6-cyl performance machine to be on offer here. Can't imagine too many fanatical Holden supporters being too thrilled with no V-8 in the future! The Corvette may come out here, but that will be one expensive ride.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:19 am

Adam the Akrodude wrote:
oz rb fan wrote:i hope you get your chance.....i've seen the price of converted camaro's........i paid less for my first two houses!!!!!!...i really hope someone brings then in legit.....come on chrysler 8-) 8-) 8-)

I did read somewhere that Chrysler is considering some kind of muscle car for RHD markets. They know we're a country full of knuckle dragging petrol heads (myself included!). I think the issue is that the Challenger is LHD only at this stage. Ford has the Stang, GM has some P.O.S 6-cyl which will not go down well at all the Holden V-8 lovers, so there is most definitely an opening for Chrysler. I'm not going to waste my time looking at them but I reckon it must be interesting what is being said in GMH forums regarding the 6-cyl performance machine to be on offer here. Can't imagine too many fanatical Holden supporters being too thrilled with no V-8 in the future! The Corvette may come out here, but that will be one expensive ride.

Well if GM Holden don't get their shit together and bring out a LEGITIMATE replacement for the home-grown high performance beasties, (read CAMARO), I am only too happy to go to Dodge or Ford, (and I NEVER thought I would say that).
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:22 am

Well you better put your orderinto ford....GM have repeatedly said the camaro wont be coming, the charger/challenger will be the next model upgrade at the earliest......so at least 2018.....I REALLY want to se the camaro here as the production engineering for the first of the new generation cars was done here and its an awesome looking car........and as a self confessed holden fan(dad wouldnt have it any other way in the 70's).....but it hurts to say this, holden....dont seem to give a shit about performance car fans...they want to be the top car brand again(good luck with that)...and their future will involve a great stack of models that we wont like.....so the biggest thing for them will be a true corolla/ Mazda 3 competitor after all they are the top selling cars in this country...I'm stuffed as to why the cruze failed as I have driven one and their not that bad......now here's the real kick in the guts for you knuckle dragging V8 fans......the next generation of so called v8 supercars is allowing turbo 6's and 4's........and holden have tested a twin turbo v6.........one last thing....why do GM need to release 24 models?........just seems insane.
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:42 am

oz rb fan wrote:Well you better put your orderinto ford....GM have repeatedly said the camaro wont be coming, the charger/challenger will be the next model upgrade at the earliest......so at least 2018.....I REALLY want to se the camaro here as the production engineering for the first of the new generation cars was done here and its an awesome looking car........and as a self confessed holden fan(dad wouldnt have it any other way in the 70's).....but it hurts to say this, holden....dont seem to give a shit about performance car fans...they want to be the top car brand again(good luck with that)...and their future will involve a great stack of models that we wont like.....so the biggest thing for them will be a true corolla/ Mazda 3 competitor after all they are the top selling cars in this country...I'm stuffed as to why the cruze failed as I have driven one and their not that bad......now here's the real kick in the guts for you knuckle dragging V8 fans......the next generation of so called v8 supercars is allowing turbo 6's and 4's........and holden have tested a twin turbo v6.........one last thing....why do GM need to release 24 models?........just seems insane.

As much as it pains me to admit it.....I think the Holden glory days are behind us. I just have to accept that my next high performance car will be foreign and not form the GM stable, (although I am considering bringing in a Camaro and having it converted)
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:10 am

Probably true Ray......I thought ford opening up the Mustang to the world would have forced GM's hand(and when holden productionized the new generation camaro they even did the engineered the RHD version) but no.....a bloody stupid call in my mind...there are companies that bring in the camaro and do RHD conversions but the costs are huge......maybe the new laws alowing self importing will change things..

I think Chrysler will bring the chellenger/charger depending on how well the mustang does in the long term.....coupes often dont do well once the gloss of a new model comes out.....that is why the coupe 60 wasnt put into production.......even the toyota 86gt sales have dropped massively.

holdens hoped return to the top will be a pretty tough job...the toyota juggernaut will be tough to crack,
oz rb fan

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge