time for some fun: 2016 predictions

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: time for some fun: 2016 predictions

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:09 am

Hey TOR, what's the word on the Challenger coming here?
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:13 am

Adam the Akrodude wrote:Hey TOR, what's the word on the Challenger coming here?

Yeah.....apparently it is coming here, (when ???), and now I understand why. Clearly Chrysler are wanting to capitalise on all those disenfranchised and despondent GM High Performance vehicle buyers :D
http://www.caradvice.com.au/368372/dodg ... australia/
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:44 am

Noice! Hey once upon a time you may have said you'd never buy a 1/32 kit. Now you're considering moving from GM - look at you now Ray! Change makes a person grow and you've sure made some changes in recent times! Time to get saving for your monster Challenger dude!

Time for a road trip? Just insert "TOR" where "Kowalski" is mentioned! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UEDyEzpXQ
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:45 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:Noice! Hey once upon a time you may have said you'd never buy a 1/32 kit. Now you're considering moving from GM - look at you now Ray! Change makes a person grow and you've sure made some changes in recent times! Time to get saving for your monster Challenger dude!

Time for a road trip? Just insert "TOR" where "Kowalski" is mentioned! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UEDyEzpXQ

Very cool!!! :D
But better still....if I get a Challenger I will be well and truly ready for the zombie apocalypse. I am imagining me doing this down through the post-apocalyptic Melbourne CBD, (popping in to Hearns Hobbies while I am there :D ), and then down the post-apocalyptic Tulla free way......oh yeah !!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrS5tsb9Yww
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:21 pm

I can see this happening - perhaps not in 2016 though - maybe you'll have your Challenger in 2018? Daryl in Hearns I can see wanting to suck your brains out - watch out for that! I reckon Daryl would make a cool Rockin' Zombie! :D
Adam the Akrodude

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:59 pm

tor lives wrote:At least you have an engine choice with the Mustang.
If you don't have a V8 as an option with your so-called "performance vehicle".... than ya just not being fair dinkum. Yeah.....lets go to Bathurst and try to take on the blue oval V8s with our 6 cylinder "high performance" vehicle, yeah that'll work Holden. FFS....why bother!!!!
TOR

OH FOR F@#K SAKE....it wasnt that long ago the a little nissan with a 6 cylinder motor eat bathurst,so the V8 brigade had to ban it.......as of 2017 super cars will be allowing different engines(i've already heard that nissan may well be going the turbo 6 again}.......ford dont seem to be interested at the moment,and we have just lost the merc's(yup erabus are going over to holdens :D )...i will miss the merc's though.

BTW TOR dont be amazed if when production happens that there is a V8 option...stranger things have happened
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:15 pm

oz rb fan wrote:
tor lives wrote:At least you have an engine choice with the Mustang.
If you don't have a V8 as an option with your so-called "performance vehicle".... than ya just not being fair dinkum. Yeah.....lets go to Bathurst and try to take on the blue oval V8s with our 6 cylinder "high performance" vehicle, yeah that'll work Holden. FFS....why bother!!!!
TOR

OH FOR F@#K SAKE....it wasnt that long ago the a little nissan with a 6 cylinder motor eat bathurst,so the V8 brigade had to ban it.......as of 2017 super cars will be allowing different engines(i've already heard that nissan may well be going the turbo 6 again}.......ford dont seem to be interested at the moment,and we have just lost the merc's(yup erabus are going over to holdens :D )...i will miss the merc's though.

BTW TOR dont be amazed if when production happens that there is a V8 option...stranger things have happened

Say what you will....there is simply NO substitute for a big, thumping, growling V8 (except maybe a V12 :D ). And as for that pissy little Nissan you refer to....I would love to see what the current generation of V8 Supercars would do to it.....it would be nothing more than a speck of "road kill" on the front bumper :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:36 pm

probably.......but then 20 years of development........i dont think a current V8 super car would get near this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCoVtsH7y-s
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

oh and in the dark days of year gone by were scared of a tiny nissan 4 pot

BTW Paul and TOR....no turbo's in that black GTR
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:47 pm

oz rb fan wrote:probably.......but then 20 years of development........i dont think a current V8 super car would get near this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCoVtsH7y-s
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

oh and in the dark days of year gone by were scared of a tiny nissan 4 pot

BTW Paul and TOR....no turbo's in that black GTR

Never was that impressed with the GTR and all the hype and hullaballoo that went along with them. And, lets face it, these Nissans never could match the sheer charisma, excitement, brute force, and road presence of the big, hulking V8 muscle cars like Monaros, Falcon GTs, HSV GTSRs, Chev Camaros, Ford Mustangs, Dodge Challengers etc. But....to each their own I guess. I guess the Nissans have their place as good "drift" cars.
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:39 pm

they seem to scare the crap out of Porsche owners for a fraction of the money :lol: :lol:
oz rb fan

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge