Don't mess with an A-10

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Don't mess with an A-10

Postby hrtpaul » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:19 pm

RHB785 wrote:Apparently President Obama doesn't agree and has said in the last 24 hours he will veto any attempt to keep the A-10 in service.

That's cos Obama is a limp wristed dickhead who has no balls to speak of and has no idea about combat obviously. Politicians are too busy lining their own pockets to give a shit about the poor bastard they send into harms way to do their bidding for them. The USAF didn't lose too many to SAM's in Afghanistan and so far (touch wood) haven't lost any on current operations. Hmmmmmm a low level show of force (that worked so very well in Afghanistan) at 30,000ft? Don't think that'll work too well yeah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby RHB785 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:58 pm

Actually Paul, what I said was bomb the daylights out of your enemies from 30,000' or so and then go down into the weeds to finish the job off when you're sure he has no SAMs. Use laser or other designation of the target from 30,000 odd feet and thus try to reduce colateral damage to civilians as much as possible. I know there will always be civilian casualties in the type of warfare we're currently fighting (due to the enemy being quite willing to use civilians as shields, all part of the human condition unfortunately) but those casualties can be reduced as much as possible by having info about their whereabouts and doing what we can to minimise death and injury to innocent civilians. That's why the ROE these days are so tough. Not like in Vietnam, where some soldiers from another country would hear a little wren twitter and blast the hell out of the tree he was sitting in totally defoliating it with bullets and then still miss the wren. That sort of thing was a total waste of rounds. With the A-10's gun however, the target can be accurately fired on and destroyed very quickly with no hope of getting back at the A-10. You really are a shit stirrer aren't you? :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby tor lives » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:43 pm

OK lads.....let's keep it civilised.
TOR
tor lives

Postby RHB785 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:03 pm

Point taken Ray. :D

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby DesTROYer » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:35 pm

I'll be following this fellas example with my 1/32 RAAF A-10 wif. What an awesome build.

DesTROYer

Postby RHB785 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:33 pm

That's a really neat A-10 dual seater. i'm thinking something along the same lines for one of my 1/72 single seaters, perhaps with slightly different colour patterns, but very similar. I want to do the dual in a night camoflage and the gears are whirring around in my head as to the colours. Think back 70 odd years, and no I'm not talking overall Foliage Green or overall any one colour. Nor am I thinking of Foliage Green and Dark Earth or Earth Brown either.

Modelling and posting of photos has unfortunately taken a back seat this week to caring for Jack, one of my greyhounds. Somewhere along the line in the last few days he ate a nail. Don't ask me why, perhaps he thought he was iron deficient or something. Fortunately it didn't perforate anything and was an apparently easy surgery to remove it That's about $7,000 in the last 7 months he's cost me. Last time he ate snail bait at a friends house and almost died. We really do go nuts over our beloved pets don't we. But I wouldn't have it any other way; he's such a beautiful natured dog it isn't funny and I think well worth the expense. This time however I'll be getting them both insured, I should have got Jack insured 18 months ago. 2 weeks ago Mindy cost me $375 to get her de-sexed so they've been a bit of a drain on the treasury this fortnight. Fortunately I don't have a Treasurer, Finance Minister or Minister for War so spending the money didn't cause any ructions in The House.

Regards,
RHB.
RHB785

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:42 am

That indeed is a very cool A-10 in WIF RAAF war paint. Certainly looks like a few of us have been inspired to build a Hawg soon.

Ross, sorry to hear about your pet issues. I've a friend who adopts and looks after "retired" Greyhounds. They truly are magnificent looking dogs with wonderful temperaments. I'd love to have a big hound like a Irish Wolfhound, but we just have a small suburban backyard. We do have a Sheltie (Shetland Sheepdog) which is basically a mini-Collie. He's a little ball of fluff and struts around like he owns the joint! I've just been dealing with a sebaceous cyst on his back (hmmm, just the sort of stuff you want to read about on a Saturday morning huh and major thread drift from Ray's original post :oops: ). I'll have to take him to the vet for some minor surgery to deal with this issue soon. I did have pet insurance but left it lapse like an idiot! Hope your pooch is on the mend.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:45 am

Let's see how many we can have ready for Expo!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby RHB785 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:49 am

True Troy. That is an awesome build. I hope I can the Hawg justice with my models. Thank you for your kind words Adam. Jack's making a full recovery although he is a little bit subdued. The vet reckons he must think he's a cat. Well, he's used 2 of his lives so far. I have to agree with you. They are magnificent looking dogs. I can see why the Regia Aeronautica called the Macchi C205 the "Veltro" or Greyhound. I can't for the life of me see why the US Navy called to C-2 the Greyhound. Looks nothing like one. Some years ago I was able to speak with SqnLdr Jack Doyle, the last CO of 450 Sqn and he told me the sqaudron captured a Veltro and when I told him that Veltro means Greyhound in Italian he said "Yes, very appropriate name. Very fast, could out accelerate anything we had by a country mile and had beautiful handling and beautifully harmonised controls. Its one downfall was the light armament. This one was brand spanking new; only had 45 minutes in its log books and they loved flying it until the British Middle East Air Force HQ found out about it and ordered it handed over to them.

Regards,
Ross.
RHB785

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:14 am

Hi Ross

Tread drift alert but the world's first jet fighter wing JG7 used a greyhound as it's symbol. So the story goes, near one of the unit's airfields lived a Baroness who owned greyhounds. This inspired the units leader and the rest is history!

Adam the Akrodude

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge