Has anyone seen my Mojo?

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Has anyone seen my Mojo?

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:55 pm

Wayne that would be bloody fantastic! Talking of blowing one's ears out - being in vey close proximity to a un-muffled 200HP AEIO-360 for years took its toll on my ears - that and turning the amp up to "11" listening to music (well, the stuff I like anyway)! :D

My mother's first cousin was a Sgt Pilot on Lanc's with 460 Sqn - shot down and killed over Holland in 43. I visited his grave a few years ago. My great uncle was a "Master Bomber" Nav with the Pathfinders - shot down three times (DFC and two Bars) - Great Uncle Ron survived the war but none he trained with did. So, I really do have to build a Lanc at some stage. There is a HK 1/32 one coming soon (yes, thread drift again - apol's Troy!). Maybe we could start a Lanc Group build sometime down the track (after the NASA Group Build, the Hog Group build, etc!)? :D
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Wedgetail » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:29 pm

First up,
Dear Troy,
Sorry for hijacking your thread mate, your Herc will be outstanding, of that I have no worries.

Adam,
My hearing is all but gone due to Motorcycles, music ,drag racing(legal style) and firearms being discharged from about a few feet from my lug holes and what really upset the apple cart was questioning a suspect out on an airport apron when a pilot decided his f&*$ing F-27 needed to clear its turbo prop which was right besides us, clearly heard/felt the interior of said lug hole facing the exhaust give up the ghost right there and then.

A funny aside, I copied this CD for a very elderly gentleman who helps his son run a car yard(mainly Mercedes) this lovely older gent has hearing aids both sides due to aircraft noise and when I gave him this disc of the Bf-109 he locked himself inside the smallest car on the lot (a Hyundai) which had a CD player and then turned it up so loud his Son could see the side windows vibrating and was worried that the old man was going blow out a window.
Peter his Son said he hadn't seen his Dad so happy for ages, deaf as a post with a grin a mile wide. he kept doing it until some rotter bought the Hyundai.
Cheers
Wayne
Wedgetail

Postby DesTROYer » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:52 pm

Over the last two days I've had a marathon session in the office. The decals on the Herc are done and looking good. A much better job than I did on my own one. Even the walk way lines went on with less drama. I'll let them cure a few days then seal them before attaching all the antennas and preparing it for pick up. Painting the props, I nearly struck potential disaster when I accidentally ordered some Tamiya enamel paints a few weeks back and did not realise that mistake until today.

DesTROYer

Postby oz rb fan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:37 pm

she looks great TROY
oz rb fan

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:20 am

Great to see your mojo back in spades Troy - great work! I'm waiting for mine to come back so I can start the very arduous task of painting my 1/32 262 (in grey mottle). This is literally a painful process, as my hands will surely cramp up during the mottle work.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby DesTROYer » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:18 pm

Thanks guys. Nearly Finished, just have to put the props and Aerials on after the final clear coats cure. It's a better job than my last one, but there are still things I know I can do better.

DesTROYer

Postby DesTROYer » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:53 pm

ALL FINISHED. It's come out looking the goods and sits well with its sister bird.

DesTROYer

Postby RayS » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:18 pm

Nice work Troy, they look great together.
Ray

RayS

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge