747 production to end in 2020

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: 747 production to end in 2020

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:56 pm

Ansett A330 wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:Don't get me started on bloody aeronautical engineers :x :x :x

Yeah especially Aeronautical Engineers - go for it Willy!

Can't figure out what your point is man :? :? :? :? :? :?
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:05 pm

hrtpaul wrote:
Ansett A330 wrote:

Yeah....I am sorta scratching my head as well (again :? )
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:21 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:
tor lives wrote:
hrtpaul wrote: All aircraft suffer from idiot aeronautical engineer syndrome to some extant but some seem to have gone out of their way to be completely stupid with their designs, Piper and Beechcraft (I'm sure there's others) I'm looking at you :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yeah....I remember the techos at 34SQN complaining about the HS-748. From a maintenance perspective she was apparently less than "user friendly" (although I did enjoy flying in her).
And don't get me started about Airbus design philosophy :roll: .
TOR

A mate of mine was a gunnie in the RAAF and at one point worked on the Mirage - nightmare he said. The fuselage was so crammed with all sorts of bits n bobs, anything that need replacing or getting to required often extreme dexterity. Hmm, does sound like one of our members here is suffering LAME induced BKS - Bleeding Knuckle Syndrome! :D

as the son of an engineer that probably put that mirage together.....it's how the French told them to.(he prefer's the Avon Sabre anyway...he worked on them as well)
oz rb fan

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:07 am

as the son of an engineer that probably put that mirage together.....it's how the French told them to.(he prefer's the Avon Sabre anyway...he worked on them as well)[/quote]

Those damn Frenchies strike again! I think it comes down to what Paul is saying from a user perspective. Sometimes not a lot of thought goes into the ease of assess to some components/parts when replacement is required. Some companies do this better than others - not just in aircraft but automotive design, etc.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:15 am

hrtpaul wrote:
Adam the Akrodude wrote:You are being a bit harsh as it wasn't for engineers to design the aeroplane you work on and pilots to wear them out and occasionally bend them, you'd be out of a job mate! :D

Righto princess. Come up to Mendi with me next week and I'll let you loose on the Comanche if heaven forbid, that piece of shit is still there and we'll see how harsh you think I'm being after you've had a crack at some "marvellous" engineering designs. Once again, you forget that you DON'T fly in the beginning if engineers don't build the aircraft. Pilots ARE last place in the food chain whether ya like it of not.

Point taken, but you can't afford me! Dude, I agree with you but it's a symbiotic relationship - engineers, pilots and LAME's can't exist without each other. Then throw in all the other trades/jobs in aviation, then the regulating government organisations, etc - it's basically a freakin miracle any aeroplane is able to launch into the wide blue yonder! :?
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:17 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:
hrtpaul wrote:
Adam the Akrodude wrote:You are being a bit harsh as it wasn't for engineers to design the aeroplane you work on and pilots to wear them out and occasionally bend them, you'd be out of a job mate! :D

Righto princess. Come up to Mendi with me next week and I'll let you loose on the Comanche if heaven forbid, that piece of shit is still there and we'll see how harsh you think I'm being after you've had a crack at some "marvellous" engineering designs. Once again, you forget that you DON'T fly in the beginning if engineers don't build the aircraft. Pilots ARE last place in the food chain whether ya like it of not.

Point taken, but you can't afford me! Dude, I agree with you but it's a symbiotic relationship - engineers, pilots and LAME's can't exist without each other. Then throw in all the other trades/jobs in aviation, then the regulating government organisations, etc - it's basically a freakin miracle any aeroplane is able to launch into the wide blue yonder! :?

Funnily enough, take *out* the regulating government organisations, and aviation ticks along quite happily!
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby erussell » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:24 pm

Funnily enough, take *out* the regulating government organisations, and aviation ticks along quite happily!

it would be an interesting experiment to have totally unregulated aviation......... I'm guessing the experiment would go about five hours.
Probably the nearest thing to it is aviation in the less civilised parts of Africa. Just as well there is low traffic density and many other factors........
Ed Russell @ Red Roo Models
erussell

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:46 pm

erussell wrote:

it would be an interesting experiment to have totally unregulated aviation......... I'm guessing the experiment would go about five hours.
Probably the nearest thing to it is aviation in the less civilised parts of Africa. Just as well there is low traffic density and many other factors........

I'm not suggesting unregulated aviation....just sensibly regulated aviation, and not the clusterf%*k we have now..
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby Ansett A330 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:19 am

hrtpaul wrote:
Ansett A330 wrote:

Well as the proclaimed "Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic and Shit Stirrer" you didn't want to get "started on bloody aeronautical engineers" and as a Mechanical Engineer it's good to see a different branch of Engineers having $hit hung on them than my own branch so I was just encouraging you to get started.
Ansett A330

Postby tor lives » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:58 am

Ansett A330 wrote:Well as the proclaimed "Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic and Shit Stirrer" you didn't want to get "started on bloody aeronautical engineers" and as a Mechanical Engineer it's good to see a different branch of Engineers having $hit hung on them than my own branch so I was just encouraging you to get started.

Man.....this is WAY too deep for me. It makes my head hurt :? .
This is why mechanical engineers should stick to "mechanical engineery thingies", and leave the comedy to the comedians :D
PS: who the f@#k is "Willy"
TOR
tor lives

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge