UK Kit purchases

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: UK Kit purchases

Postby F-27pax » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:14 pm

You'll just have to wait until you're an old age pensioner like me. When all that other stuff of life like family and too much work is behind you, what else is left but to work your way through all those kits you bought to save up for your retirement. There are, of course, exceptions. Like Wedgie who spends his time drinking red plonque, watching his grass grown and keeping up with the latest bike races (motor and muscle powered) overseas. He's threatening to glue something together, but I haven't seen it yet. (Are you getting the hint, friend?)

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby Wedgetail » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:49 pm

I do not spend all my time drinking red plonque, I occasionally sample a nice white as well, it all depends on what my lovely wife decides to cook for lunch.
I'm still buying kits so that's a good sign and I've just had a man cave built so things are going forward.....slowly. Now to shift my spraying equipment into it and put down some carpet and benches and I'm away.
There is plenty of plastic already sitting up on the shelves, a room full of half built kits is proof that I start a kit with all good intentions, it's just that lunch gets in the way. So there.LOL.

So many bottles of wine still out there and so few lunches to go, it's a worry.

Wayne
Wedgetail

Postby F-27pax » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:28 pm

That's your story Wedgie! Some might believe you ...

Your tale of kits that you've started but not finished brings to mind another possible stream - kit's we've started and not completed. TOR's curtain of doom is a good example. I, for example, have a Sikorsky S-38 that is sitting unattended because the strutting is too complex for my simple mind, two Boeing 707-138s which are having engine troubles and a couple of French tanks which are waiting for me to work up the enthusiasm to paint and weather the tracks. (Yes, I know I said tanks. We all have our weaknesses. But at least they're French.)

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:16 am

You said tanks AND they're French. Geez there's not much hope for ya mate :P :P :P :P :P
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge