time for some fun: 2016 predictions

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: time for some fun: 2016 predictions

Postby tor lives » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:49 pm

RayS wrote:
tor lives wrote:
RayS wrote:You didn't foresee this one Ray!

Gulfstream G550s for the RAAF

Looks like 2 aircraft from fly away costs on the web.

Nahhh.....didn't predict this . Wonder which squadron will get em???
I predict though that a relatively new Training Organisation known as Dynamic Crew Training Pty Ltd will approach the RAAF with a view to undertaking all RAAF Gulfstream Aircrew Emergency Procedures training. The RAAF will say "where the hell have you guys been all this time" and, in addition to the Gulfstream training, will hand Dynamic Crew Training all RAAF KC-30, BBJ, E-7, P-8, and Challenger 604 Aircrew Emergency Procedures training, CRM/Human Factors training, etc :D
TOR

Well the BBJ/Challenger lease is close to finishing, perhaps these are replacing the Challengers?

I doubt they are being procured for VIP ops..... for a start L-3 Comms (formally known as E-Systems) are involved, and secondly it is a FMS deal. On this basis I would be assuming that these two airframes will have a far more "military" purpose, (think Israeli or Singaporean Air Force Gulfstreams). If the G550s were just for VIP use the RAAF would have simply purchased or leased them directly through the manufacturer or 3rd party provider.
I suspect what we are looking at here is the replacement aircraft for the two RAAF "EP-3s".
TOR
tor lives

Postby F-27pax » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:05 pm

No predictions from me. Apart from my predictions on your predictions.
1 And pigs will fly.
2 2016 is the year for the Mighty Ds
3 No interest here. I've an old BA Falcon with lots of dints and dust. I'm content
4 I can't see QF getting rid of its A.380s. Isn't QF going to be ordering ultra long range 777s? And what is this irrational hatred of Airbus?
5 Perhaps. Next you'll start talking about world peace.
6 Let's hope so
7 What else is news?
8 Pigs will get commercial endorsements on their licences
9 You've been reading too much science fiction
10 For sure
11 Only the gods know for sure
12 That would be very good news indeed

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby tor lives » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:32 pm

F-27pax wrote:what is this irrational hatred of Airbus?

Try being Airport Manager and dealing with them for a year Leigh, and then perhaps you will realise why the disenchantment is well-founded and VERY rational :?, (and not unique to me). Nothing like trying to find hotel accommodation for 500 disgruntled and tired passenger at 03.00AM in the morning because the oh-so-super-reliable A380 has gone U/S AGAIN!!! :roll:
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:49 am

tor lives wrote:
I doubt they are being procured for VIP ops..... for a start L-3 Comms (formally known as E-Systems) are involved, and secondly it is a FMS deal. On this basis I would be assuming that these two airframes will have a far more "military" purpose, (think Israeli or Singaporean Air Force Gulfstreams). If the G550s were just for VIP use the RAAF would have simply purchased or leased them directly through the manufacturer or 3rd party provider.
I suspect what we are looking at here is the replacement aircraft for the two RAAF "EP-3s".
TOR

Good points there Ray. I think you are right.
Ray

RayS

Postby Graeme H » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:04 pm

Well it seems a combination of booze and other stimulants were affecting you, when you came up with this lot

1/ Very much doubt it, remember it took 300 years last time to get rid of these guys, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins
2/ Don't care it's not Rugby
3/ Maybe sell 4000, while Mazda sell 140,000
4/ I also agree, you have such a deep hatred of all Airbus products, now you are retired from QF, I don't see why, and 777X won't be available for about another 6-7 years, so no way gonna happen this year
I had a thing for 737 cracked windscreens back in the early part of the century, one memorable week we had 5, 2 in one day
5/ You smoking something for New Year, or In the immortal words of John McEnroe "you cannot be serious"
6/ Surely a fleet of Ex QF A380's would be above and beyond the need :D :D
7/ As they say a week in politics is a very long time
8/ More of the wacky weed again
9/ Still on that Wacky weed, or have you seen the new episodes of the X Files?
10/ one of the few predictions that might come to pass
11/ nope
12/ Have you seen Paul drive? :lol: :lol:
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby tor lives » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:01 pm

Ummmmm...... Gents, I think some of your may have missed the point of this exercise :? .
The object of the game was for you to make your predictions, (cheeky, fun, outlandish or whatever), and not to critique or debunk mine, (by the way, almost all of which are very much TIC)
@ Graeme....I don't do booze or any other chemical stimulants mate. So time for you to put up or shut up with your predictions buddy :D
Now remember everyone....this is supposed to be for fun, (think that point may have been lost on some :? )
TOR
PS: For the record, I don't have a "deep hatred" of any aircraft Graeme, (coming across a bit harsh there mate :? ...in fact I think the A330-200 is one of the prettiest, most astatically-pleasing, and perfectly-proportioned wide-bodied aircraft in the skies). Geeeez.....lighten up Graeme mate, you are starting to sound like a grumpy old man :lol:
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:33 pm

1...i will enter expo for the second time....i'd be happy with a comended :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2......good luck with that camaro....i'll have a challger...it's mopar or no car :lol: :shock: :o

3 .....yes essendon will take their rightful place on top.......i have to a family reletive played for them back in the 50's

4...i still wont have my gemini restored........but i will have more parts to go on it when it's done

5.....i will build another zero :o :oops: :lol: :lol:

6......paul and i wont be going to william wong's on my days off :o :shock: :?: :( :o
oz rb fan

Postby Graeme H » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:17 am

OK Ray

My predictions, nothing very cheery, but that's my life at present

1. I will finish some more models, and get rid of a lot
2. not much of anything will change, so why do we wast out time thinking that it will
3. All CEO's will get a bigger bonus, because they have done such a wonderful job under such trying conditions
4. I probably won't make it to EXPO again
5. Taxes and rates will go up, despite what politicians say
6. Australia will probably only get 6 gold medals at Rio
7. Road tolls will not go down yet again
8. there will be more mass shootings in the USA
10. Lewis Hamilton will win the F1 again
11. There will be Bushfires, Floods, Cyclones this year

how am I doing?
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby tor lives » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:35 am

Graeme H wrote:OK Ray

My predictions, nothing very cheery, but that's my life at present

1. I will finish some more models, and get rid of a lot
2. not much of anything will change, so why do we wast out time thinking that it will
3. All CEO's will get a bigger bonus, because they have done such a wonderful job under such trying conditions
4. I probably won't make it to EXPO again
5. Taxes and rates will go up, despite what politicians say
6. Australia will probably only get 6 gold medals at Rio
7. Road tolls will not go down yet again
8. there will be more mass shootings in the USA
10. Lewis Hamilton will win the F1 again
11. There will be Bushfires, Floods, Cyclones this year

how am I doing?

Yeah....not bad at all, (in fact most of them would be pretty hard to contradict) . And your Bushfire prediction is complimented by my LAT/VLAT prediction :D
You forgot the prediction that very soon a 1:72 Space Shuttle will leaver your stash and fly south.
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:29 am

Mine:
1. Adelaide Crows will win the AFL Grand Final.
2. Canberra Raiders will win the NRL Grand Final.
3. My stash will reduce by half...
4. ... and then double again :D
5. I will clear my shelf of doom and finish the 1/72 C-17.
6. Canberra Airport will start to see regular QF A330 flights (we used to get a daily B767 from Melbourne).
7. I will attend Model Expo and enter something.
8. CBR will become home base for a number of Aussie rego'd LAT/VLAT and Ericson Aircranes.
9. Ansett Airlines will rise from the ashes as a charter airline.
10. I will actually get a modelling related gift for Christmas (not of my own purchasing).
Ray

RayS

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge