This is so cool

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: This is so cool

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:13 am

That "Shaguar" is stunning!

On a trip to Prague some years ago, parked out the front of the hotel was this beauty! I would not say no to a Challenger!

Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:29 am

Yep Adam, I must agree.....that sure is one bad-arse looking muscle car, that I would have no problem at all parking next to the Camaro in my garage....sweeeeet as!!
TOR
tor lives

Postby davecana » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:15 pm

hrtpaul wrote:Dave, I see your Charger ad and raise you a REAL car ad 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yx0I8uedL4
And just in case you're still not sure, here's the LEGEND Himself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JGXOpBnF5A

It took me a while to respond, I was laughing so hard that I fell out of my chair. :lol: :lol: But now I am an adult, sort of, my views on cars have matured. :roll: I now own some refined German muscle, my second one that I've owned and this is what I bought 2 weeks ago. But I still own a Charger as well. 8-)
Attachments
My latest BMW.jpg
My latest BMW.jpg (30.22 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
davecana

Postby tor lives » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:52 pm

It's gotta have at least 5.7lts to 6.0lts or it just doesn't count!!!
Meet my babies 8-)
And my next high performance baby!!
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:29 pm

Laugh away Dave :P I've yet to see a Charger break the Bathurst lap record on the last lap of a 1000km. But then they weren't that good a race car *ducks* :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby davecana » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:32 pm

What the Beemer lacks in size, it is only 5.4 ltrs, it makes up for with number of cylinders, 12. And if it's all about size, then my Charger has to count for something at 7.4 ltrs.
davecana

Postby tor lives » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:50 pm

And here is the car I would have as a "collector" and "Sunday Driver" if money was no object
The mighty HSV VS GTS R yeah!!!! :D
Not everyone's cuppa tea, but I just love it's brutish, no compromise, no apologies look.
At the time of it's release, the closest thing to a street-legal race car you could get, especially with the optional blue-printed engine .
Trouble is only 85 of em built...with very few of them now available, especially un-tampered with.
tor lives

Postby tor lives » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:54 pm

davecana wrote:What the Beemer lacks in size, it is only 5.4 ltrs, it makes up for with number of cylinders, 12. And if it's all about size, then my Charger has to count for something at 7.4 ltrs.

Don't know about the German import, (didn't we kick their arse in two world wars :D ), but the 7.4ltr Charger, now that is impressive :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:16 pm

And you can just bet I will be first in the queue for the new Holden-badged Camaro :D
TOR[/quote]

good luck with that....last i heard gm said it wasnt going to happen.[/quote]

If you will recall, they also said the same about the VT Coup, it was only ever supposed to be a concept car, and then BAM!! the CV8 Monaro was here. It's called the element of market surprise. There is no way GM will just hand the entire Australian performance car market to Ford. The minute Ford Australia announced that the Mustang was coming, the Camaro was destined for Australia, (and that's not really surprising given that it was designed by Australians and around the VE platform). A mate of mine who has some "inside" HSV goss has said that there are already a couple of Camaros down at Clayton having the HSV magic worked on them. Holden will apparently have the Camaro SS as part of their range, while HSV will have the "limited editions"...not unlike today's VF Commodore arrangement. I sure hope so because 120 Grand for an imported Chev Camaro with RHD conversion is just a bit out of my price range.
TOR[/quote]

yep i do recall that about the VT coupe......and i hope your right as with the mustang coming and the challenger and charger a strong possibility GM had better bring the camaro...as much as i'm a hi tech fan i dont think the new 4wd twin turbo comodore ss will cut it with the muscle car fans.......btw i read in auto actoin the HRT are testing a twin turbo Cadillac V6 for future race cars. :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: ........ it might not be a v8(but it did hold the class lap record for bathurst and sandown) but i'm happy with my gemini......just need a nice manual VE ss wagon to tow it with 8-)
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:29 pm

oz rb fan wrote:And you can just bet I will be first in the queue for the new Holden-badged Camaro :D
TOR

good luck with that....last i heard gm said it wasnt going to happen.[/quote]

If you will recall, they also said the same about the VT Coup, it was only ever supposed to be a concept car, and then BAM!! the CV8 Monaro was here. It's called the element of market surprise. There is no way GM will just hand the entire Australian performance car market to Ford. The minute Ford Australia announced that the Mustang was coming, the Camaro was destined for Australia, (and that's not really surprising given that it was designed by Australians and around the VE platform). A mate of mine who has some "inside" HSV goss has said that there are already a couple of Camaros down at Clayton having the HSV magic worked on them. Holden will apparently have the Camaro SS as part of their range, while HSV will have the "limited editions"...not unlike today's VF Commodore arrangement. I sure hope so because 120 Grand for an imported Chev Camaro with RHD conversion is just a bit out of my price range.
TOR[/quote]

yep i do recall that about the VT coupe......and i hope your right as with the mustang coming and the challenger and charger a strong possibility GM had better bring the camaro...as much as i'm a hi tech fan i dont think the new 4wd twin turbo comodore ss will cut it with the muscle car fans.......btw i read in auto actoin the HRT are testing a twin turbo Cadillac V6 for future race cars. :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: ........ it might not be a v8(but it did hold the class lap record for bathurst and sandown) but i'm happy with my gemini......just need a nice manual VE ss wagon to tow it with 8-)[/quote]

That Gemy of yours has real race cred and history......and when Holden shut down local production this will take on increasing importance, so hold on to her. I also think a VE or VF SS would certainly be a good investment.....last of the local high performance breed. I just sold mine, and am hanging out for the Camaro!!!!. I am currently getting around in a little turbo Cruz.
tor lives

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge