UK Kit purchases

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: UK Kit purchases

Postby BradG » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:54 pm

My last 5 purchases have been Airfix. A Meteor at Model Expo and then a Spitfire, P-40, Zero and Gnat at Aldi last week.
BradG

Postby VH-WAL » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:54 pm

Cap'n Wannabe wrote:
VH-WAL wrote:
It's only a bargain if you need it... :P

Jeez Damo now is not the time for sense and logic..work with me here!
VH-WAL

Postby VH-WAL » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:00 am

went hunting again stopping at Selby on a trip to Yorkshire Air Museum..bagged me a Tomahawk and Fw 190 A8,
2.99 each!
VH-WAL

Postby RayS » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:39 am

VH-WAL wrote:
Graeme H wrote:Geez for someone downsizing you sure can collect them, looking forward to the Jungman getting the Wal treatment

hiya Graeme...yeah I am hopeless, gave myself some self therapy / psycho analysis over this.. I asked myself why are you buying these Airfix kits in particular?

my truthful answers:
nice boxes,
cheap,
all new moulds,
really cheap,
sometimes I suffer modelling withdrawal when here in the UK, buying a kit is a quick fix
they are really, really cheap,
the joy of the hunt and finding the things,
and seeing they are so cheap I can't pass them up

in summary I am an obsessed bargain hunting colourful box predator

Yep, I am certainly drawn tot eh new Airfix boxes, pity they camouflage older mould kits in these. Have not been caught out yet! :D
Ray

RayS

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:36 am

BradG wrote:My last 5 purchases have been Airfix. A Meteor at Model Expo and then a Spitfire, P-40, Zero and Gnat at Aldi last week.

Isn't the Meatbox a amazing kit!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:44 am

VH-WAL wrote:
Cap'n Wannabe wrote:
VH-WAL wrote:
It's only a bargain if you need it... :P

Jeez Damo now is not the time for sense and logic..work with me here!

Therapy could help Wally. First comes recognising you may have a issue. Then comes understanding why you are doing this and hopefully followed by acceptance. Damo and I have seen each others "stash". We're all hopeless plastic addicts. Sense and logic does not come into it. We NEED this plastic! Geez, there are worse addictions. Buying model kits makes us happy! Every day in every way I'm getting better and better! :D
Adam the Akrodude

Postby BradG » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:35 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:
BradG wrote:My last 5 purchases have been Airfix. A Meteor at Model Expo and then a Spitfire, P-40, Zero and Gnat at Aldi last week.

I dunno, I haven't even opened it yet! Let me clear the backlog and I might pull it out.
BradG

Postby tor lives » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:46 pm

BradG wrote:
Adam the Akrodude wrote:

I dunno, I haven't even opened it yet! Let me clear the backlog and I might pull it out.

Isn't Dave Harvey building one over on AMI??
TOR
tor lives

Postby F-27pax » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:10 pm

Is there anyone in this group who doesn't suffer from this? I'm putting up my hand. I comfort myself by saying that there are worse things to collect. I have enough kits at the moment to keep me going until I'm 150 years old - you never know, they might invent some new therapy that keeps us alive that long. Unfortunately, the hope of making all the kits in my collection only works if I stop buying kits. No hope of that though.

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:05 pm

F-27pax wrote:Is there anyone in this group who doesn't suffer from this? I'm putting up my hand. I comfort myself by saying that there are worse things to collect. I have enough kits at the moment to keep me going until I'm 150 years old - you never know, they might invent some new therapy that keeps us alive that long. Unfortunately, the hope of making all the kits in my collection only works if I stop buying kits. No hope of that though.

Leigh

I think most of us suffer this affliction. You at least pump out models, so a high purchasing appetite is fine. Some of us (me included) do way more purchasing than building and I have to get out of this habit as I have a good 20+ major projects to tackle. At my current rate of 1 model a year, I'm in deep shit unless I up the build rate significantly! :oops:
Adam the Akrodude

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge