Best & worst airlines.

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Best & worst airlines.

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:21 pm

tor lives wrote:
Adam the Akrodude wrote:What's this mate - a C-17 into Kabul or Baghdad?

More likely a typical Jetstar or Tiger Air MEL-SYD sector :lol:
TOR

Can't be....the seating looks way to comfortable!
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:29 pm

Anyone else had the displeasure of riding in a BAe-146? I have a couple of times. What a total P.O.S is that aeroplane! One of my worst flights ever as a pax was in one of these coming back from Tassie. Well, these little "beauties" can't climb very high and we ended up punching right through some mother-trucking CB I'm guessing. Capt comes over the intercom and yells "Cabin crew - Brace, Brace, Brace". Of course meals were being served at the time which is the nature of things. About 5 seconds later, the meal trolley and one FA were floating around the top of the cabin and a second later both came crashing down. I've never felt such sudden and strong negative G in a airliner before. The FA injured her arm - maybe fractured when she hit the floor. Oh I love that lovely oily smell one gets through the cabin in those 146s as well - what a feature!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby F-27pax » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:16 pm

I once flew in an Ansett WA BAe146 from Perth to Port Hedland. There was nothing wrong with the flight except that it was virtually a FiFo flight so there was no cabin service to speak of and it is a long flight when every seat if filled by a big mine worker. A couple of days later flew on to Derby and a couple of days flew back to Perth again. The humidity was that bad that when they turned on the air conditioning after an hour stop at Broome fog came out of the ducts and and filled the cabin. If you want to learn how big Australia really is that is one of the flights you need. The best thing to be said for a flight like that is that it is a hell of a lot better than driving.

Leigh
F-27pax

Postby davecana » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:03 pm

Of the airlines in the top 20, I've flown on 6 of them. My preferred is Qantas, but sometimes they don't go to where I want to. The others I've been on are Singapore, Cathay, Air France, Virgin and Air New Zealand. I've been on others outside the top 20, and none of the bottom 22. All the ones I've been on are good airlines.
I've met one of Ryanairs former CEO's on a holiday, and he explained a few of the why's and how's of the company, and even though I understand their reason for operating the way they do, I will not be a passenger on their flights if I can help it. Sometimes cheap is not cheap, and I don't mind paying for service if I get service.
davecana

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge