Your other quirky collections

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Your other quirky collections

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:43 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:I'd keep that Ford hat hidden away just in case HRT Paul ever visits. He'd probably try to set it on fire if he saw it! :D

You're assuming he's smart enough to operate matches or a lighter... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby hrtpaul » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:49 am

Please don't show anyone your "quirky" collection Damo. From what I've heard Sexyland has nothing on your collection 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby tor lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:53 pm

OK....so this one is primarily for Andrew, (or indeed anyone else with a RAAF interest). This is my RAAF uniform collection. It represent an example of every RAAF uniform variation I wore while a serving member. The only uniform variation that is not present is the jungle greens I wore while on Rookies training (ie: Basic Training) at RAAF Base Edinburgh.....still looking for a representative set of these to complete this collection. Here we go then, in no particular order:
Andrew, if you see anything here you need for your collection from above let me know, cause most of these items are double-up "spares".
TOR
tor lives

Postby tor lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:21 pm

I have just been asked to show a close-up of the RAAF BAC 111 34SQN patch. Whilst not the best quality, (certainly by today's standards), this patch is in fact quiet rare. There were only 10 of them made as the CO of 34SQN at the time did not like them, and directed that no more of these patches be produced after the first production run.
TOR
tor lives

Postby DesTROYer » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:30 pm

Very cool collections everyone. Ray, you must have either a big or very cluttered house.

I use to collect a lot of Star Wars stuff, but I've thinned it out over the years.
DesTROYer

Postby tor lives » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:20 pm

Big house with just me in it Troy. I actually intend on adding an extension at some stage, with a large games room planned for off the main lounge room. This is where I will display most of my collections in an appropriate and fitting fashion. For example, I would love for both my Qantas and RAAF uniform collections to be displayed on manikins.
TOR
tor lives

Postby AndrewDoppel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:13 pm

One of these days I must add photos but I guess besides building RAAF/ADF models I also collect RAAF memorabilia and a couple of quirky off shoots of this memorabilia is beer coasters and squadron baseball caps/hats.
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Re: Beers anyone

Postby AndrewDoppel » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:30 am

These are some of the quirkier bits of my RAAF memorabilia;

And just in case you can't read the Cold War propaganda from inside the Fincastle ones it says;

Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge