time for some fun: 2016 predictions

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: time for some fun: 2016 predictions

Postby tor lives » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:32 am

RayS wrote:You didn't foresee this one Ray!

Gulfstream G550s for the RAAF

Looks like 2 aircraft from fly away costs on the web.

Nahhh.....didn't predict this . Wonder which squadron will get em???
I predict though that a relatively new Training Organisation known as Dynamic Crew Training Pty Ltd will approach the RAAF with a view to undertaking all RAAF Gulfstream Aircrew Emergency Procedures training. The RAAF will say "where the hell have you guys been all this time" and, in addition to the Gulfstream training, will hand Dynamic Crew Training all RAAF KC-30, BBJ, E-7, P-8, and Challenger 604 Aircrew Emergency Procedures training, CRM/Human Factors training, etc :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:34 am

Hey TOR - that all sounds good! If ya goin' to be a bear, be a Grizzly!

Couple of other predictions of mine.

Nazi hordes will rise from their graves and conquer the World! Yes folks - it's the forthcoming Nazi Zombie Apocalypse!

Also, global warming will ensure I end up 10 minutes closer to the beach once Brighton and Gardenvale become flooded and uninhabited! :D
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:49 am

Yeah....I am thinking we must be just about due for the zombie apocalypse. And that's' OK cause I have watched all the "Walking Dead" and "Fear the Walking Dead" series and "World War Z".....so I am prepared.
As to global warming.....that's why I bought in Sunbury, cause I knew one day it would be prime water-front real estate :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:57 am

tor lives wrote:Yeah....I am thinking we must be just about due for the zombie apocalypse. And that's' OK cause I have watched all the "Walking Dead" and "Fear the Walking Dead" series and "World War Z".....so I am prepared.
As to global warming.....that's why I bought in Sunbury, cause I knew one day it would be prime water-front real estate :D
TOR

I had a dream/nightmare/epiphany last night about the Zombie Apocalypse, so it's bound to happen. So, I'm expecting after fighting off zombie hoards, at least during good weather (between cyclones) I'll be able to stroll down to the beach - eh, not too bad overall.
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:09 am

The trouble with Zombies is that they have no respect for models. They come crashing into your house trying to tear you apart and eat you......yet they don't even care if they knock a model off the shelf :D
I reckon the zombie apocalypse will be just like Model Expo "Swap and Sell", (right down to the smell) :lol:
And while we are talking zombies.....how come they don't eat each other????
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:03 pm

tor lives wrote:The trouble with Zombies is that they have no respect for models. They come crashing into your house trying to tear you apart and eat you......yet they don't even care if they knock a model off the shelf :D
I reckon the zombie apocalypse will be just like Model Expo "Swap and Sell", (right down to the smell) :lol:
And while we are talking zombies.....how come they don't eat each other????
TOR

Never having attended one. but heard a lot about them, I'm pretty sure the Zombie Apocalypse may even start at the Swap & Smell! It could be a combination of lack of hygiene, toxic chemicals from modelling plus poor diet (high sugar, salt & fat diet) that becomes the tipping point and hey presto - Zombies!

Zombies crave live human brains - they like fresh produce - fair enough I guess!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:37 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:Zombies crave live human brains - they like fresh produce - fair enough I guess!

So what's wrong with zombie brains???.....made outta the same stuff.
On reflection.....I think the zombie apocalypse would probably smell better the "Swap and Sell". I also think that the zombie hoards on the whole would perhaps be a little more polite and better-mannered than your typical "Swap and Sell" crowd.
Zombie hoards or opening time at Model Expo "swap and sell"......I can't tell the difference. This is the gauntlet I run just to get that elusive 707 or DC-8 kit :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPTfHBcHTJI

TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:16 pm

I'm not so worried about the walking dead - it's more the running kind like in WWZ I fear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo1fNO6bx48

I just don't think they used the correct weap's on the Zombies - dudes, how about flame throwers, more machine guns, napalm - even nukes - problem solved!
Adam the Akrodude

Postby tor lives » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:36 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:I'm not so worried about the walking dead - it's more the running kind like in WWZ I fear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo1fNO6bx48

I just don't think they used the correct weap's on the Zombies - dudes, how about flame throwers, more machine guns, napalm - even nukes - problem solved!

One thing I don't understand about the design of the wall.....why wasn't it curved outwards and topped with barbed wire, like you see on some prison walls.
I agree that the weapons used were wholly inadequate for the task, (very un-Israeli :shock: ) . Once certain areas were overrun by zombies....just use tactical nukes on em, (I have the same theory for ISIS :D ).
Believe it or not someone in the USA has done a thesis on the pros and cons of fast moving zombies as opposed to the slow movers, (only in America). The conclusion drawn was that, while the fast movers will initially take a higher toll on humans and spread the zombie virus quicker, they will also die out quicker because of things like starvation and thirst as a result of the energy they are expending. The slower ones are easier to avoid but will hang around longer.
I loved the North Korean approach to "zombie management" in World War Z .....rip out the teeth of every single one of your millions of citizens :D . Simple but effective!!
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:14 pm

tor lives wrote:
RayS wrote:You didn't foresee this one Ray!

Gulfstream G550s for the RAAF

Looks like 2 aircraft from fly away costs on the web.

Nahhh.....didn't predict this . Wonder which squadron will get em???
I predict though that a relatively new Training Organisation known as Dynamic Crew Training Pty Ltd will approach the RAAF with a view to undertaking all RAAF Gulfstream Aircrew Emergency Procedures training. The RAAF will say "where the hell have you guys been all this time" and, in addition to the Gulfstream training, will hand Dynamic Crew Training all RAAF KC-30, BBJ, E-7, P-8, and Challenger 604 Aircrew Emergency Procedures training, CRM/Human Factors training, etc :D
TOR

Well the BBJ/Challenger lease is close to finishing, perhaps these are replacing the Challengers?
Ray

RayS

PreviousNext

Return to Crew Lounge