and the worst warbird season continues....

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: and the worst warbird season continues....

Postby oz rb fan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:53 pm

Adam the Akrodude wrote:Rotten luck about Precious Metal. For the sake of having a decent extinguisher nearby - still that may not have been enough either. It could be rebuilt - all at some cost. It will depend on whether the owner wants to do this or pass the "hull" onto the insurance company. At least it didn't happen in flight!!!

Adam
from what Thom told me he wasnt game to fight it himself as she hag 190gallons of fuel on board and they were worried she's blow....he's looking into all options..Art teeter's(i think that is how you spell his name) will be looking at the airframe when they get it back home after reno...the current plan seems to be starting with a crowd funding program....i'll be putting some of my hard earned in for sure.
oz rb fan

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:37 am

Sounds absolutely right and fine by me! There is that point when one has to let go and pass over "ownership" to the insurance company. No aeroplane is worth risking one's life for - it's all replaceable/re-buildable. So, the only question is do the owners want to keep it and rebuild it (big decision and financial plus time commitment), or is it a write off and the insurance company now owns it. It would be great to see it flying again - fingers crossed.

That crowd funding idea sounds interesting. You sir are one true and loyal air racing fan if you are considering donating to the cause - brilliant! You of course must build this racer some time! :D

Cheers

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby oz rb fan » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:27 pm

i have been a reno tragic since i was a wee one....i remember almost crying when i heard about the RB51 crash....i also donated bits and pieces in the months after the Galloping ghost crash(i even was worried about a former axis eagles member who was there that year) ..ive been facebook friends with Thom(he's a great guy and seems to love chatting about flying things he's a huge P40 fan 8-) ) for around 3 years now and have followed PM through the years before he bought her,so for me this is a no brainer..donation and Tshirt coming this way :P

i understand what your saying and i know if she's too far gone she may and up as a display in his little museum down there....as for this year he has the IF1 "hot stuff" to fly and hopefully wrap up the IF1 world championship.
oz rb fan

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge