An A/CAM syndicate perhaps

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: An A/CAM syndicate perhaps

Postby tor lives » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:05 am

oz rb fan wrote:beleive me i have no problems with dreams........mine involve a race modified J7W1 shinden........... 8-) :shock: ......but in my mind this was ridiculous money for a plane that needed in excess of a million spent on it.

Besides.......I got a HSV GTS R and a Camaro to buy before I get a P-51 :D
TOR
tor lives

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:36 am

Just let me know if you need a driver for this P-51. Just a bit of time in a T-6 followed by some P-51 dual in USA - no problemo! Just the endorsement would cost me something like $30-40k at a guess (say 15-20 hours in a T-6 and say 8-10 hours in the dual Mustang).

Hourly running cost would be something like $4-5k at a guess. Merlin o/haul - $100k, prop o/haul - $25-30k, airframe and systems o/haul rebuild/replace bits as required - $1 million +, insurance - in the OMG department :o , hangarage - big aeroplane - $8-10k per year at least. The feeling of driving a P-51 - PRICELESS!

Guys - this is doable! :lol: Hmm, reminds me of someone over at another forum waiting for a BIG inheritance saying as soon as the money comes in, he will buy a warbird :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well, he might buy one to look at!

I couldn't even afford to stay part of a Laser syndicate - an aeroplane with 3000 fpm climb rate, over 200 degree/second roll rate and the most fun thing I've done with my pants on - oh well, maybe one day I'll be back in a Laser :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Adam the Akrodude

Postby Tony P » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:26 pm

Is Sunbury Aerodrome runway long enough?? :lol: :oops:
You don’t concentrate on risks. You concentrate on results. No risk is too great to prevent the necessary job from getting done- Chuck Yeager.
Tony P

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:01 pm

tor lives wrote:
oz rb fan wrote:beleive me i have no problems with dreams........mine involve a race modified J7W1 shinden........... 8-) :shock: ......but in my mind this was ridiculous money for a plane that needed in excess of a million spent on it.

Besides.......I got a HSV GTS R and a Camaro to buy before I get a P-51 :D
TOR

oh i hear you....i have a gemini to restore and a lancia stratos to buy...........then i'll buy one of jerry yagen's new build KI43's!!!!!!...i cant be normal.
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:12 pm

Tony P wrote:Is Sunbury Aerodrome runway long enough?? :lol: :oops:

I dunno but what a cool local attraction it would be for blokes like you and me Tony :D
A Mustang in our own "back yard"!!!.
TOR
tor lives

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge