RIP Ross Blackford

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

RIP Ross Blackford

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:05 pm

Otherwise known as RHB785. Dunno what else to say. :(
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Re: RIP Ross Blackford

Postby Graeme H » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:12 pm

Wow, what a shock, Blue skies Ross
Graeme
Graeme H

Postby tor lives » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:16 pm

I am really shocked, saddened, and upset by this news. Do we know what happened???
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:03 pm

No way :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby oz rb fan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:17 pm

blown away...a really nice guy...blue skies and tailwinds Ross.....condolences to his family and friends
oz rb fan

Postby Cap'n Wannabe » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:55 pm

Dunno what happened, just that he passed over the weekend. I only stumbled across the news when I visited ARC earlier today.
http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/ind ... try2762124
Pretending to do it TAC style with the big boys since 1987
Also, we don't need no steenkin' VLATs!
Cap'n Wannabe

Postby tor lives » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Thanks for that Damo. As mentioned, I am really saddened by this news. Since joining A/CAM Ross has been a loyal and prolific poster. He always engaged his fellow A/CAMers in a friendly, respectful, and congenial fashion, something that I appreciated and valued.
Rest in peace Ross.....and know that you will live on in your many posts on the A/CAM site.
TOR
tor lives

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:30 pm

What Ray said. I'm still in shock. The world is a lot poorer for Ross's passing. RIP mate. You will be missed greatly :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:16 am

Very sad news - just in a state of shock. Ross was such a top bloke often sharing pic's of his major passion here with us. He was great to chat with in this regard as well. Ross was a man who contributed a lot to the country with his service in the RAAF, contributed to his local community with his work and contributed in mentoring young people interested in Aviation via his volunteer work with the Air League. I never had the change to meet Ross, but he certainly came across as someone more interested in giving rather than receiving. Because of this, the world is richer for his time on this planet.

I will miss the fact that we will see no more of his aeroplane posts and share in lively banter regarding all things aviation with him. Ross, you will be sadly missed here and my thoughts go out to all of his friends and family.

Adam
Adam the Akrodude

Postby VH-WAL » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:13 am

Very sad, I never met the gentleman, and the only posts I ever saw of his was in these pages as I was not frequenting ARC. I went back into his posts in here and found the most recent one where he had a painful joint problem which was subsequently fixed, I did a google on him as I felt an affinity with him.. yep ex RAAF aged 63 same as me, makes you think.

I never met you but I think we could have been great mates, I'll raise a beer to you tonight
regards
wal
VH-WAL

Next

Return to Crew Lounge