This is so cool

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: This is so cool

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:42 pm

a turbo cruze......i'd have never thought of you as turbo guy...manual i hope............luckily for me i have a very supportive wife,she has talked me out of selling it a couple of times :o 8-) .....i'm not a huge fan of the vf front,and you cant get a vf manual wagon i hear...so VE for me!!!
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:55 pm

I am defiantly NOT a turbo or 4/6 cylinder guy. The Cruz is just a means of economical transport until the Camaro arrives, (whenever that will be). I thought I would be a grown-up, big boy for a change, driving around in a sensible car, but not being in a big GM V8 for the first time in decades is killing me :( . Although I must admit, I have never spent less on fuel and insurance.
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:48 pm

i hope you got the 1.6 sriv.........there is alot to be said about oening a factory performance car...i had a VW polo gti for a while,ir did things so much better than most car's i've owned......but oddly the car i miss the most is my 1971 alfa 1750 gtv....now thats a car.
oz rb fan

Postby tor lives » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:45 am

Actually, of all the cars I have owned one of the best was the VR SS.
This was back in the days that, when you ordered a new SS, you could elect for the HSV Enhancement Package as part of the options list, (it would even be delivered with a HSV build plate and number). Not surprisingly, mine was HSV-optioned. It was a great car and I wish I never sold it.
Believe it or not, the most technically unreliable car I ever owned was the CV8R Monaro, (she had all sorts of electrical and mechanical issues) :shock:, not bad given that it was a top-of-the-range "limited edition" model!!!!
I used to call my Monaro "the Super Model".........stunning to look at, but a bitch to the core!!!!! . She was sold with very low Ks on her because she used to spend more time on the back of a flat-bed truck than actually on the road :D. She would be at Sunbury Holden so often she had her own specially-allocated parking bay :D
TOR
PS: Speaking of CV8 Monaros....here is me with the last ever CV8 Monaro built, at the Melbourne Motor Show several years ago. This was the one that was auctioned off for charity and went to a bloke in Queensland.
tor lives

Postby oz rb fan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:28 pm

very nice Ray....aaahh the VR was built when holden and ford listened to their customers....not like the last few years when they tell you what you want.
oz rb fan

Previous

Return to Crew Lounge