Problems uploading photos to site

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

Re: Problems uploading photos to site

Postby RayS » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:22 am

Upload test from me....

Got this message

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
Ray

RayS

Postby tor lives » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:37 am

Hi Ray,
Did you get that message uploading from a phone????
Did you have any issues while uploading your recent 747-8F or Falcon 900 pix???
Nicolas......having done a complete functionality check of my site, I beg to differ with your opinion that the site functionality is "screwed", (a rather harsh assessment IMHO). Seems to be working fine for me.
Fred and Andrew had recent upload issues but they now seem to be uploading without grief.
TOR
tor lives

Postby RayS » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:51 am

I usually use Photobucket with no problems, F900 and B748f displayed that way.

I just did a test from my PC to see if I could upload pictures. First time I tried it and it failed.

Seems to me from the message perhaps each user (or the site) has some sort of 'Quota' setting is set. Perhaps those that can use it use up the quota and other can't upload.
Ray

RayS

Postby tor lives » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:03 am

OK folks....just spoke to Site Manager, (again), and advice is to use photobucket/flicker or other photo-hosting accounts for site photo unloading until this issue is thoroughly investigated.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Nicolas_Fantich » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:06 am

RayS wrote:..........I just did a test from my PC to see if I could upload pictures. First time I tried it and it failed..........

This has been my experience in attempting to upload from a PC. None of my images were able to be uploaded from the first occasion I attempted.

What's not 'screwed' about a function that is available as part of the forum software's operation, but does not work for a number of people without any obvious explanation ?
Nicolas

On the Bench
1/144 Academy Douglas DC-6B - Adria Airways YU-AFF
1/48 Revell North American P-51D Mustang 'Miss America'
1/72 Airfix North American P-51D (Cavalier) Mustang N51RH
1/72 Airfix North American P-51D Mustang N64CL 'Miss Van Nuys'
Nicolas_Fantich

Postby tor lives » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:36 am

Nicolas_Fantich wrote:What's not 'screwed' about a function that is available as part of the forum software's operation, but does not work for a number of people without any obvious explanation ?

I have given you a suggested short-term option/solution for photo upload while the site manager and I are working on the this issue. If however you are not happy with the functionality and quality of my site Nicolas, feel free to go elsewhere.

TOR
tor lives

Postby DesTROYer » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:47 pm

As I upload all my photos to my DesTROYer's Models Facebook page first anyway, I link from those photos to here. No need for photobucket or Flickr and no issues with them coming up.

Personally I hate photos that are uploaded directly to forums. You can't look at them full size easily and as a server/forum operator in the past, I know how much they clog up the server and take up hard drive space for something that may never be looked at again after the first round of viewings when new.
DesTROYer

Postby tor lives » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:50 pm

DesTROYer wrote:As I upload all my photos to my DesTROYer's Models Facebook page first anyway, I link from those photos to here. No need for photobucket or Flickr and no issues with them coming up.

Personally I hate photos that are uploaded directly to forums. You can't look at them full size easily and as a server/forum operator in the past, I know how much they clog up the server and take up hard drive space for something that may never be looked at again after the first round of viewings when new.

Maybe that's the go.....upload photos to the A/CAM Facebook page then link to here.
Good idea Troy, perhaps Nicolas and others having difficulties could try that.
TOR
tor lives

Postby Nicolas_Fantich » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:10 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, gentlemen.
Nicolas

On the Bench
1/144 Academy Douglas DC-6B - Adria Airways YU-AFF
1/48 Revell North American P-51D Mustang 'Miss America'
1/72 Airfix North American P-51D (Cavalier) Mustang N51RH
1/72 Airfix North American P-51D Mustang N64CL 'Miss Van Nuys'
Nicolas_Fantich