American Sniper review

General topic discussion forum for all A/CAMers. Get it off your chest!!

American Sniper review

Postby hrtpaul » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:15 am

Hi peeps. If you haven't seen it yet do yourself a favour. Go and see American Sniper. It's not your usual Hollywood crap war movie. The bits where they were blowing away the bad guys was way cool but it also deals with the PTSD and what the soldiers and their families have to deal with when they come home from war. This guy, Chris Kyle did 4 tours of Iraq as a SEAL sniper and racked up the most confirmed kills in the US military. He was tragically killed at a shooting range by a veteran that he was helping get through his own dramas. Everyone in the movie theatre stayed seated for the credits as well which I've never seen before. Like I said the action is great but this film has a bigger message that needs to be addressed for the returning veterans. If this film doesn't win an Academy Award then I'll be calling bullshit. IMHO it is one of the BEST movies I have EVER seen. I'll be getting Chris's book on which the movie is based as well as getting it on Bluray when it comes out. It's that kind of movie I could watch a few times and still enjoy everytime. So get off ya butts and go see it. You won't be disappointed :)
Head A/CAM Phantom Phanatic, Shit Stirrer and Karma Bus Driver toot fkn toot :twisted:
hrtpaul

Re: American Sniper review

Postby Adam the Akrodude » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:18 pm

Do my best to check it out - thanks Paul!
Adam the Akrodude

Re: American Sniper review

Postby AndrewDoppel » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:58 am

Most of the peeps I know who have seen it said they walked out of the cinema speechless. Unfortunately, just don't have the time to see it so will wait until out on DVD.
Regards

Andrew Doppel
AndrewDoppel

Return to Crew Lounge